In Line Attachments -- ILA

Started by Spuds, April 17, 2010, 06:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds

The values under the integrate_xxx keys in the settings table is a CSV list .... e.g.

$sourcedir/ILA_integration.php,$sourcedir/ILA-Subs.php

distante

Hey Spuds! I don't remember if I already ask for this but, Is there some way to tweek ILA so the [attach] tag gets converted to a img when I share a link in facebook?

because now the description is like:
Quote[attachimg=1] text text text [attachimg=2] text text text

Iomega0318

Quote from: Iomega0318 on May 10, 2012, 11:34:22 PM
Got another error, if someone could verify for me that would be great.

Everything worked fine minus a few errors when I was using 1.11, however I just upgraded to 1.21 and now my HTML BBcode is not showing up, or not parsing properly. I disabled this mod and it worked fine so my assumption is that this mod is interfering with the HTML BBcode somehow..
Just reposting.. would like to get this fixed asap so I can use it..
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

Spuds

QuoteHey Spuds! I don't remember if I already ask for this but, Is there some way to tweek ILA so the [attach] tag gets converted to a img when I share a link in facebook?
Not that I can think of ... I don't use facebook so I'm not really sure what its doing with the link (guest permissions)

QuoteJust reposting.. would like to get this fixed asap so I can use it..
what html bbcode are you talking about, is it a mod or an SMF one?

Iomega0318

The SMF HTML BBCode, whenever I activate the ILA mod on my forum it messes up any HTML inside ]html[]/html[
UOFreeshards.net
C.S. Lewis

Iomega0318

Quote from: Spuds on May 13, 2012, 01:42:29 PM
Please replace the ILA-Subs.php file in your Sources directory with the one attached and let me know if it fixes the html tag problem for you.

That seems to have fixed it! Thank you!

Also just to make sure, when an ILA is quoted is it supposed to show up as "Attachment Link" in the quote?
UOFreeshards.net
C.S. Lewis

Spuds

Correct ... it does not "render" inside of quotes but should be a link to the post with the attachment.

Iomega0318

Quote from: Spuds on May 13, 2012, 04:51:59 PM
Correct ... it does not "render" inside of quotes but should be a link to the post with the attachment.
Ok cool, just checking. Everything is working great now, thank you again!
UOFreeshards.net
C.S. Lewis

distante

Quote from: Spuds on May 13, 2012, 12:09:38 AM
QuoteHey Spuds! I don't remember if I already ask for this but, Is there some way to tweek ILA so the [attach] tag gets converted to a img when I share a link in facebook?
Not that I can think of ... I don't use facebook so I'm not really sure what its doing with the link (guest permissions)

Not quite sure if the guest permissions have something to do, because guest can see the attach and also the image tags, but If I put a image that isn't an attacht, FB parse it and don't put the [img ] tag in the description

drukpa

Great mod! that it definately what i was looking for.

I just installed it today and there are some odd things going on.

Theme: Core
SMF: 2.0.2

The photo shows in the post very well, but its also shows in the attachment section under the post.
If I switch off "Display image attachments as pictures under post", then the images shows as a links both in the post and under the post.

So how can I have the image ONLY in the post, but not in the attachment section?

drukpa

Spuds

the core theme may not had all the edit added to it, did you install it in the core theme (it does not do it by default).  If you switch to curve does it work?

drukpa

Quote from: Spuds on May 16, 2012, 11:38:15 AM
the core theme may not had all the edit added to it, did you install it in the core theme (it does not do it by default).  If you switch to curve does it work?

Yes I installed it on Core Theme.
and yes on Curve it  works Ok :)

drukpa

And silence again  :(

Guys, please, help!

Spuds

You can upload your display.template.php file so we can take a look at what edits did not happen, not sure about old core.

Or use Manual Installation of Mods and check for yourself.  Like the mod page says, it will install in curve and manual edits may be necessary for other themes since they are all a bit different in how they display things.  TBH I have not looked at any core files in some time since its so frighteningly ugly :D

drukpa

here it is :)

Spuds, I'm not so familiar with the coding, sorry.
The maximum I can is a bit of redecoration. not more :)

FrizzleFried

I would LOVE to add this functionality to the KNOWLEDGE BASE mod I run (currently being re-worked by the SMFHacks guy)... any possible chance of that happening or could you maybe provide some insight as to what code would need to be transitioned over?

Spuds

Quote from: drukpa on May 18, 2012, 09:27:35 AM

There was no evidence that it was ever installed in this theme ... I've made the updates and attached them.

drukpa

It works!!!
Spuds, you are genious! Thank you very much!  :)

Redric

Quote from: Spuds on May 18, 2012, 04:39:25 PM
Quote from: drukpa on May 18, 2012, 09:27:35 AM

There was no evidence that it was ever installed in this theme ... I've made the updates and attached them.
I don't know if I'm having the same problem as him as the attachments show up below the post randomly, not that often at all, but it bogs the server to have to load double images on attachment heavy threads.

Advertisement: