News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ignore Boards

Started by live627, June 03, 2005, 02:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ped

I liked the idea of this mod as some users wanted an adult content area and some didn't (it isn't an adult site) But when I installed it on 1.05 with the package manager although the mod did work, I got a Parse Template error when accessing the Manage Boards function, this happened across all themes (default too) Uninstalling the mod put everything back in place, but I would like to install this mod.

I read the warning when installing, but cant really say it made much sense to me.

Questions;
(1) Is there a file that I can run to install this mod for my type board (1.05)?

(2) Would inserting the code mentioned in an earlier reply, into the default theme, help to solve the problem?

oh,,,, and (3) am I making any semblance of sense here? ::)

Ped

AussieBill

I'm a bit confused by this:
QuoteTwo new permissions were created for this:
profile_ignore_board_own
profile_ignore_board_any

Which are required to change the settings.  These permissions are set on a per group basis.

Is there supposed to be an extra option added to Admin CP > Edit Permissions? If so, I can't see it.

Thantos

I'm looking for someone who can help make the user interface page a lot nicer.  If you have any ideas please contact me via PM.  Thanks

I am in the process of updating this for SMF 1.1 beta 3/4.

guirem

Good mod, it s exactly what I need!!

It doesnt work with 1.1 RC1 though but i wish good luck to Mike Mill for his work!

PS: This idea is not bad at all in fact:
If only it could be possible to ignore from index, and to see some kind of a clickable list of all ignored boards for easy "un-ignore"

forumite

Any possibility of an update to the mod to work with SMF 1.0.5? I see someone else has requested the same thing.

TIA

debra

I've installed Ignore Boards to my 1.05 SMF installation. It appeared to work fine, and when I'm logged in as administrator, I see the option in both my own profile and all my members' profiles. But if I'm logged in as a regular user, that option doesn't appear. So I as admin will have to set everyone's "ignore" preferences. Am I doing something wrong?

forumite

Debra

When I downloaded the Ignore mod through the package manager and looked at the files prior to installing, the directory references for the files/templates were not correct for SMF 1.0.5. I wonder if my package manager downloaded the version for SMF 1.1 RC1 (?)

karimlo

I have been trying to make the Forum and so far, the French version has failed big time, I am going back to the English version, alot of features are back functionning normal, but I still have a few problems. As an Admin, I get the following error when I try to go to my profile.

Unknown column 'mem.ignoreBoards' in 'field list'
File: /home/mydomainname/forum directory/Sources/Load.php
Line: 470

Any help?

karimlo

Anybody can help? I still haven't gotten an answer for the problem listed above...

I get the following error when I try to go to my profile.

Unknown column 'mem.ignoreBoards' in 'field list'
File: /home/mydomainname/forum directory/Sources/Load.php
Line: 470

rosey

Quote from: debra on October 07, 2005, 06:13:58 PM
I've installed Ignore Boards to my 1.05 SMF installation. It appeared to work fine, and when I'm logged in as administrator, I see the option in both my own profile and all my members' profiles. But if I'm logged in as a regular user, that option doesn't appear. So I as admin will have to set everyone's "ignore" preferences. Am I doing something wrong?

I have this same issue.  Only admins can set ignore preferences.  Also, I am unsure how to apply the changes to my other templates so it only appears on the SMF default theme.

karimlo

Hey, I got help from someone couple of weeks ago. I solved part of the problem. I had to reupload the file load.php and that ignore board thing, I just uninstalled it from the packages page. As to the the

Manage Boards link in the admin section, I still have no access to it I have been getting the following message:
---------------------------------------------
Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
-----------------------------------------------

Can anyone help?

Thantos

A new version is up that is compatible with the lastest CVS release.

Version 2.0:
  - Updated it for newest version of SMF 1.1
  - Due to major changes in the file structure an upgrade isn't feasible.

I am leaving the ignoreboard_v1-1.zip file up for SMF 1.0 users but it has not been updated.  Version 2.0 is for SMF 1.1 ONLY

snork13

Quote from: rosey on November 13, 2005, 08:38:11 AM
Quote from: debra on October 07, 2005, 06:13:58 PM

I have this same issue.  Only admins can set ignore preferences.  Also, I am unsure how to apply the changes to my other templates so it only appears on the SMF default theme.

same here 1.1rc1...

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to set the ignore board preferences 

but i see nothing in the admin panel..permissions...post groups...etc.

-snork
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Thantos

It appears I forgot to make changes to ManagePermissions.php so you could actually give someone the proper permissions.  New 2.0 version coming in a few minutes

Thantos

Ok you can now give groups permission to ignore boards via the managepermissions page

Faustus

Just to make sure I understand.

This allows each user to turn off a specific board if they don't want to see it?

Thantos

What this does is allows the admin to allow certain groups to ignore certain boards if the users so wish.

So lets say you ran a board for programmers that had C & C++, java, assembly, and visual basic.  Well seeing how I don't know java or visual basic I could ignore those boards so that I never see anything from them.

rosey

so if I'm still running 1.0.5 then I can't fix this mod?  bummer.

gfmorris

Quote from: MikeMill on June 03, 2005, 05:04:23 PM
Dan does your theme have it's own Profile.template.php?  If so copy and paste this to the bottom of the file:

Mike, what do you suggest for making this work with the classic SMF theme?

BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
index.php
index.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
Post.template.php
Recent.template.php
Search.template.php

... are my options.  :)

GFM

sc00zy

Is there a possibility to ignore more then 100 boards? Now it's restricted to 100 boards... :-\

Advertisement: