News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ignore Boards

Started by live627, June 03, 2005, 02:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

@gfmoris:  The mod changes Profile.template.php and ManageBoards.template.php so unless the classic theme specifices its own of those two files it should work.

@sc00zy:
You'll have to alter the database:
ALTER TABLE smf_members MODIFY ignoreBoards TEXT NOT NULL

sc00zy

Thanks Mike... I will let you know.

rthrash

Has this been tested with RC2?

SleePy

when wil this come out for rc2?
i go to install it says everything is cool and then when its installed i go to profile and get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_ignoreboards() (previously declared in /home/*****/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(1609) : eval()'d code:2286) in /home/*****/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(1609) : eval()'d code on line 2318

edit.
dont know how but i got it working in rc2...
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

mkress

ernomo98

one other one, it's a great mod, but don't work with RC2 :'(

SleePy

read my edit.. i got it to work somehow... though i edited it to fix any errors that came up. when its installed and you go to profile you get an error and page doesn't load. but if you download the file and remove the uninstall.php and upload it and uninstall and reinstall it fixes it..
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Thantos

Ok a security problem was just brought to my attention.  Its a simple fix.

Open Profile.php and find
'ignoreBoards' => array(array('profile_ignore_board_any''profile_ignore_board_own'), array('profile_ignore_board_own')),

Replace with
'ignoreBoards' => array(array('profile_ignore_board_any''profile_ignore_board_own'), array('profile_ignore_board_any')),

ltdeta

really nice  mod

I'm still running 1.0.6 is there any chance to get ot working with version 2.0  ???

i beleave many users are working with SMF 1.0.6 at the time  ;)

carlatf

Hi,
for the people that has the forum in other languages, Ignore Boards     2.0.1t installs some text in modifications.english.php in the default language path, you have to translate it manually to your language file

Quote from: SleePy on January 27, 2006, 06:24:55 PM
read my edit.. i got it to work somehow... though i edited it to fix any errors that came up. when its installed and you go to profile you get an error and page doesn't load. but if you download the file and remove the uninstall.php and upload it and uninstall and reinstall it fixes it..

Sleepy, I'm running 1.1rc2 and I have the same problem. Can you explain what you did again please? I don't quite understand.

Btw, to find
'ignoreBoards' => array(array('profile_ignore_board_any', 'profile_ignore_board_own'), array('profile_ignore_board_own')), you need to go the Sources directory.

best,
Carla

rthrash

I would love to see this working with 1.1RC2 and also compatible with the Googlebot and Spiders mod.

Anyone have preferably both of these working reliably together?

Beagen

I know this sounds weird but...

Can this board let admins ignore boards, but not users? (aka, users don't even know the mod is installed.. And admin can ignore boards as he chooses)?

I'd like it so unless I change a option, don't see a board and don't see messages from it in the "unread posts" etc.

If so, I would like to install this on RC2.

Webmaster, Land of Lag.

rthrash

Let me rephrase my earlier post from a couple of days ago... is there someone that can make this mod play nicely with RC2 with Googlebot & Spiders already installed for a fee? They don't like each other too much.

Beagen

So am I able to install this on RC2, and make it so no groups have permission to ignore boards cept admin?

Webmaster, Land of Lag.

Dennisronja

hi ,
does this mod match only with 1.1.RC1 ?
is there any chance to make it work in 1.0.7 or 1.1.RC2 ?

or pm me...

carlatf

Hi,
I just installed Ignore Boards 2 on SMF 1.1rc2 and I get in the error log:

[client 200.55.77.120] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare template_ignoreboards() (previously declared in /public_html/foros/Sources/Load.php(1610) : eval()'d code:2212) in /public_html/foros/Sources/Load.php(1610) : eval()'d code on line 2244, referer: http://tresjolie.com.ar/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,67/action,packages/sa,install2/package,ignoreboard_v2-0.zip

carlatf

GREAT MOD! :) I finally got it working!.

Btw, it would be great a feature to ignore a board category directly, this would be useful in the case there's a log of forums inside a category.

best,
Carla

Ps. Here's the Spanish translation in case someone needs it.

$txt['ignoreBoards'] = 'IGNORAR Ciertos Foros';
$txt['cannot_profile_ignore_board_own'] = 'No tiene permiso para ignorar foros';
$txt['cannot_profile_ignore_board_any'] = 'No tiene permiso para ignorar foros';
$txt['ignoreBoards_title'] = 'Por favor seleccione los foros a ignorar.<br/>Al ignorar un foro, los mensajes que se escriban en él serán completamente inaccesibles para usted  (tampoco los verá en la lista de "Ultimos mensajes).<br/>"';
$txt['permissionname_profile_ignore_board_own'] = 'Tu propio perfil';
$txt['permissionname_profile_ignore_board_any'] = 'Cualquier perfil';
$txt['permissionname_profile_ignore_board'] = 'Empezar a ignorar los foros seleccionados';
$txt['ignoreBoards_allowIgnore'] = 'Permitir que este foro sea ignorado';
$txt['ignoreBoards_allowIgnore_desc'] = 'Esto permite al usuario ignorar un foro completamente, as though it was off limits to them';

Beagen

Any way you can post how you installed it? =)

Webmaster, Land of Lag.

carlatf

I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled again.
The I looked at the files, I don't remember right now exactly because I was changing another mod, but basically I looked all the install info and followed the steps. There was a line repeated twice in one of the php templates.
I erased that line.

best.
Carla

carlatf

LOL, my users just told me that the option is not there for them.

But I can see the option (admin). Common users can't.

Has anyone noticed this before?

Best.
Carla

Advertisement: