Email Problem

Started by NoFeaR / NFSMW, April 18, 2010, 06:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoFeaR / NFSMW

I cant send newsletters to my forum or topics. My mail server is set up 100% but in my error logs i get this,

Only show the error messages of this URL
http://bosveldboerbokklub.com/index.php?action=admin;area=mailqueue;sa=clear;c416b436=7314b06983592b0a6c9d45c4fca3e9d7

Could not connect to SMTP host: 111 : Connection refused

SMF RC3

NoFeaR / NFSMW

When its set to PHP default nothing happens in the error log and nothing is received.

Norv

Quote from: NFSMW on April 18, 2010, 06:37:22 AM
I cant send newsletters to my forum or topics. My mail server is set up 100% but in my error logs i get this,

Only show the error messages of this URL
http://bosveldboerbokklub.com/index.php?action=admin;area=mailqueue;sa=clear;c416b436=7314b06983592b0a6c9d45c4fca3e9d7

Could not connect to SMTP host: 111 : Connection refused

SMF RC3

Well, it seems the error is that it cannot connect to the SMTP server. Are you sure the settings for using SMTP in SMF are correct (please verify them), as well as the server up, listening, and not blocked by some firewall application/security settings?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Ok let me try again.

Quoteas well as the server up, listening, and not blocked by some firewall application/security settings?

What do you mean by that?

Norv

Can the SMTP server be reached from your forum files? If it's set up somewhere on another computer, where it's protected by a firewall, and the firewall does not allow connections to it, any client trying to find it (like SMF) will give you exactly the error you see: "Connection refused".

What SMTP server you use ? (from a shared host? your own?)
Can you connect to it from another application ? (like, if you set up a mail client on your computer)
Is it set up in SMF admin?

Any informations you provide can be useful.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

I use it with Outlook 2007 and it works fine. I use shared hosting. If there is a question i should direct to my hosting company please tell me what i should ask for.

Norv

If you can use it with Outlook from your computer, but not with SMF from your web space, it may be a problem either: with SMF settings (are all your settings correct in Admin? the server, the port, the login information), either with access from the webspace (I mean, from the server where your SMF is) to the SMTP server.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

I get what you are saying. But  my settings are correct on the SMF's side. So i dont know.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

This is what i got back. from my host

Slava Bezborodov: I got, i seem that there's the problem configuring SMTP, make sure that you filled everything correctly

Slava Bezborodov: As here:

Slava Bezborodov: 1) Username: [email protected]

Slava Bezborodov: 2) Password: XXXXXXX

Slava Bezborodov: 3) IMAP/POP3 (Port 110/143) : mail.yourdomain.com

Slava Bezborodov: 4) SMTP (Port 25): mail.yourdomain.com

Slava Bezborodov: 5) SPA (Secure Password Authentication): should NOT be checked.

Slava Bezborodov: 6) My server requires Authentication: should NOT be checked

NoFeaR / NFSMW

the only place where i can place my email info is at admin,maintanance,mail,settings.

Deaks

do you still have this issue?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

NoFeaR / NFSMW

No i dont, i sorted it

NoFeaR / NFSMW

The problem started again. Last time when i got it sorted i set it to PHP. Not no mails gets send. In error log nothing apears bu the email doesnt come through on the pc. Now i dont know what to do. Honestly.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Ask your host what is their SMTP port. I suspect a port change which is why it stopped.

Advertisement: