1 question about wap 1- problem with Privileges

Started by caslor, April 18, 2010, 03:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caslor

Hi
i have update my Forum from smf1  to smf2  and i would like to know if i had to do anything in order to enable  wap faction ?

my forum is to big  to load it some times from mobile  ( takes some time and enough kilobytes to open it with mobile network  gsm )
with wifi connections is ok

so i would like to open a wap version of my forum every time i use  mobile network

second question has to do with one problem i had with smf1 and hoped to fix it with smf but... :(

i have problem with  team privileges .

1 have made 3 teams for admin, support teams for my forum special members   and have made also  4-5 teams depending from the posts..
0 - 3 posts = newbie
4 - 50 posts = normal member
etc etc.......

the problem is  about  one team i made  called  Quarantine
is a team i wanted to place members with not so good behavior   and have very specific advantages from the forum... can see only few threads  etc...

The problem is  ( in smf 1 was the same)   that  everything i do..   everything i choose as team privileges  the members still  getting privileges from the   team they are based in posts  :(   :(

i choose in quarantine team  that is not a  team based/depending in number of posts  but still the same....

what can i do about that??

thanks in advance 

Kill Em All

Well the first part about WAP. Yes its automatically enabled, you just have to add ?wap or ?wap2 or ?imode to the end of your url after /index.php. Most of the time it should the forum should detect a mobile phone's browser.

Your second question. You can not prevent individual topics from being read by some people, you can however prevent people from seeing certain boards by post count and such.
Enable board by board permissions:
Admin -> Permissions -> Settings -> Enable advanced by-board permissions
Admin -> Permissions -> Permissions by Board -> (Board Name)

enable post count group permissions:
Admin -> Permissions -> Settings -> Enable permissions for post count based groups

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

caslor

about the second question...

i am all ready using board settings   with  groups depending in member  posts number.

My question problem is  how can i make some persons  to add them in specific group/team  but cant take the benefits from the   group depending in post numbers.

example...

lets say i have user called   tomy   and  he has post 8 messages in the forum..
i have also make a group/team depending in posts     from 4 until 16 messages.
this group can see all the boards

so tomy belong to this group with benefits of it ...

For one reason i want to make tomy and 2 more people  cant see all the boards  just only 2
i go and make a new Group / Team  not based in posts  and from the settings i arrange which boards could see.

I move Tomy and the two others to this team... But still Tomy has the Benefits from the  group depending in number of posts he has...

this i my problem

Kill Em All

Admin>Boards>Find the board you want to modify>Modify>Groups with access(or membergroups its a list of your membergroups and post count groups) and tick and untick the groups you want to have access to that board and untick the ones that you don't want to have access to.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

caslor

i have done that  but  not working

still gets the privileges  from the   post count group that belong also  :(  :(

Kill Em All

Does it show the post count groups in that list?

I'll try to test this on my test install later on today or tomorrow.

caslor

Yes  when i open board settings shows me all the groups .

hxxp:s30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/caslor_1978/diafora/?action=view&current=smf1.jpg [nonactive]

The last 8 groups ar count groups... 
the first of these 8 groups is for zero posts   the second  is  until 3 posts..  etc etc

the user i want to prevent see this board    belongs to the ''oust !!'' group ...  and as you can see it is not marked ... 

but because he has  some posts    belongs automatic and to the  ''rusty beetle''  count group   and so he can see the  board

if i uncheck the  ''rusty beetle'' group...  that will make all the other members cant see also this board.. something i dont want

thanks for the interesting

Kill Em All

Sorry for getting back to this late. :(

I think this is one of those sticky situations where it could be difficult to accomplish this. I'm gonna see if another team member might have an idea about this on how to do it.

Kill Em All

Quote from: Norv on April 26, 2010, 09:04:28 PM
If it was about anything else, any other permissions, the answer would have been: to enable Deny permissions, and then he'd be able to create a group "The mean ones" which has "denied", not "allowed" or "disallowed" but "denied", for the rights you want these members to miss.

However, this does not apply to boards visibility... I think there isn't any good way to do it, currently.
If the admin doesn't really want it to be post-based, he could... create two "team" groups - not post based, might even have the same name or very close (but the admin has to be careful which group is really used, heh), and give to one fewer boards to see...

Making boards visibility behave more like normal permissions (so you *can* use Deny for them as well) was proposed in the past. I don't think it was acted upon yet.

That would be your next best route as said, there isn't really a better way to do this.

smp420

You dont need to give access to post based groups just give access to regular members and that should work for you.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

adbrad

as smp has said i think your solution is simple allow regular members to see the board and uncheck the post based groups

Advertisement: