News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to restrict Member

Started by perfects, April 18, 2010, 07:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfects

hi
how do you temporarily disable a member?

Kill Em All

Like ban, or deny permissions?
To ban:
Go to the member's profile, you should see a ban link there, click that and you can select the options.

To deny permissions:
Admin -> Permissions -> Settings -> Enable the option to deny permissions

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

perfects

Thanks, if I deny the member permission, will they still receive announcements from me, This is where the problem lay, I don't know how to exclude them if they don't want to receive announcements i did turn of all notifications, so the member won't receive any notifications on posts,  but how do I do it when they don't want to receive announcements either (I'm asking myself, why do they register then?)

flapjack

create additional group based on "Guest" group and assign this member to it. you can tweak it a little bit, allowing/disallowing access to certain parts of the forum.

Kill Em All

Putting them in a restricted membergroup might be best then as flapjack suggested.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

perfects

THANKS - it worked,  ;D ;D ;D ;D i have the choice to un-click the restricted group when I send announcements.  You guys saved the day :D

Advertisement: