Mod problems

Started by kirbyiwaki, April 19, 2010, 12:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirbyiwaki

Hello, everyone, I have a little issue with the package manager...

Everytime I try to install a mod, it says "test successful" but then nothing happens.

I tried to install simple portal via the package manager, but when it finished doing it nothing changed and the redirection just leave me at the normal admin page. Then, when uninstalling I got a bunch of "test failed" errors (I tried to install ezportal with the same situation).

After a research in their forum I found I apparently had a problem with permissions, so I CHMOD everything to 777, but it still didn't work. But when uninstalling I got no more problems.

After a little more research I found the simpleportal files weren't uploaded, so I did it manually and then everything worked.

So my question is, do I have to manual install everything? I think I may have messed up the password/user info in the package manager>options menu, but then what if I don't wanna use it (like for example I want it to say "error, this file needs to be CHMOD to 777" and then I can do it manually)? or how can I change the password? is it another problem?

Help me please~

nlvl

Ive been getting the same problems too. I try to upload the custom pages modification and then it says error and its not for my smf version and its not supported.

andy12gr

I have the same problem with smf 1.1.11 and i dont know what i do?

Advertisement: