Issues with avitars

Started by Scarecrow7170, April 19, 2010, 10:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow7170

greetings,

I have my settings for avitars set at 250x400.. However they are showing weird on the forum. below is a pic.. Whats up with the scroll bar?.. how can I set it up to show the whole pic?.. Keep in mind the pic is at 250x400.

I am using SMF 2.0 RC3
Also if it matters.. I am using the Curve_Credera theme

Yahmez

Do you have SMF set up to resize larger avatars? What is the size of the avatar shown in the screenshot? If you select 'resize' after you have the avatar uploaded you will have to reload it to make it resize.

Scarecrow7170

Yes, It is set up to resize the large avatars

Settings are as follows -

External Avatars - 250x400
Up-loadable Avatars - 250x400

The screen shot is also at 250x400 and is direct linked to photobucket.. not uploaded

Thnx for the reply

Yahmez

Its an issue with the avatar being too large for the theme. You will need to manually tweak the css. For the curve theme you would look in index.css

Find:
.poster {
float:left;
width:15em;
}

change 15em to 24em

Find:
.postarea,   .moderatorbar {
margin:0 0 0 16em;
}

change 16em to 24em

Scarecrow7170

That did the trick.. Thank you so much!!!  y'all rock!

tytyty

Yahmez

MATTEK

I'm having an issue as well. I want everyone to have the same sizes avatar limit. Currently, I have it set to external = 65x65 and uploaded to 75x75, however people still have scroll bars and large images.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Yahmez

Quote from: MATTEK on April 21, 2010, 02:19:51 AM
I'm having an issue as well. I want everyone to have the same sizes avatar limit. Currently, I have it set to external = 65x65 and uploaded to 75x75, however people still have scroll bars and large images.
Try setting the option "If the avatar is too large..." and pick "Refuse it"

Can you show a screen-shot of your avatar settings?

MATTEK

Quote from: ҰΛĥmΞڃ on April 21, 2010, 08:46:52 AM
Quote from: MATTEK on April 21, 2010, 02:19:51 AM
Try setting the option "If the avatar is too large..." and pick "Refuse it"

Can you show a screen-shot of your avatar settings?

Yea I can't find that setting

SMF 2.0.1

Yahmez

It's right there in your screenshot under external avatars... try resizing with GD instead of "let the html resize it"

MATTEK

Quote from: ҰΛĥmΞڃ on April 21, 2010, 03:33:26 PM
It's right there in your screenshot under external avatars... try resizing with GD instead of "let the html resize it"

I had to uncheck Download avatar at given URL to change that option. Is that ok?
SMF 2.0.1

Yahmez

When you select download avatar, it treats it as a uploaded avatar upon success. Maybe try keeping the download option checked, and make both avatar pixel sizes the same... I'm not real sure that will solve your issue though...  :(

Advertisement: