Rewriting the Customization Site

Started by SlammedDime, April 20, 2010, 04:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Quote from: Bloc on August 15, 2010, 01:53:23 PM
Glad to hear about "editors Reviews" idea - sounds like a worthwhile feature to be adding.

But will it also apply to themes? Or do you plan on something else there?
Yea, I'd like to do it on themes as well, but it would probably have a different name than for mods, but would be based on the same idea (and perhaps some added criteria (ie: no themes with just a few color changes changes))
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Nibogo

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 15, 2010, 02:10:06 PM
Glad to hear about "editors Reviews" idea - sounds like a worthwhile feature to be adding.

Yea, I'd like to do it on themes as well, but it would probably have a different name than for mods, but would be based on the same idea (and perhaps some added criteria (ie: no themes with just a few color changes changes))

The same should apply for mods, I won't like to see a BBCode as a "Editor Reviewed" Mod

SlammedDime

Quote from: Nibogo on August 15, 2010, 02:22:11 PM
Quote from: SlammedDime on August 15, 2010, 02:10:06 PM

The same should apply for mods, I won't like to see a BBCode as a "Editor Reviewed" Mod
Good point, I wasn't really thinking about that, but since you mention it, I completely agree.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

live627

Cassiel

Are the CCs going to be hand-picked by the Cust Team, or is there gonna be some kind of test that anyone who wants to join will have to take?

And does this mean that CCs are a psuedo-team position? Complete with their own badge and boards? It really doesn't matter to me. I'm just asking to satisfy curiosity.

SlammedDime

Quote from: live627 on August 15, 2010, 07:53:27 PM
stats?
Probably no more detailed stats than what we have now...

Quote from: Cassiel on August 15, 2010, 10:03:20 PM
Are the CCs going to be hand-picked by the Cust Team, or is there gonna be some kind of test that anyone who wants to join will have to take?

And does this mean that CCs are a psuedo-team position? Complete with their own badge and boards? It really doesn't matter to me. I'm just asking to satisfy curiosity.
We don't have all of the details ironed out yet, however the CC's will be a freely joinable group, as long as you meet certain requirements (posts, mods/themes, competent in english, etc.)  They will be like the Community Support Helper, no badge of their own, but maybe a board for discussions (which is probably unlikely, since discussions for customizations will be on the cust site itself, not on the boards)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

DoctorMalboro

About languages... it would be nice to allow users to send translations and then mod/theme makes approve them...

SlammedDime

Have some plans for that, but that'll be bit further off.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

live627

How will the time offsets work? I use the [time][/time] tag a lot, and it displays the time offsetted wrongly.

SlammedDime

Wasn't aware there was an issue with that, we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it...
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Akyhne

I don't like the idea of "Compatible With" is based on the template file. Especially many mods back from the RC1 days used the "2.0-2.99" format, but they are not compatible with newer versions in many cases, and if the author didn't update it, people will be screwed. This applies to themes as well.

I like the idea about CC's. I asume friends would be joining this way?

live627

SlammedDime

Still a WIP... I have one key part of the site I need to finish before it goes to the team and friends for review and testing and bug fixing...
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Deaks

i look forward to seeing what you have done, but if the code you let me see is anything to go by looks promising
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

mirahalo

so, SlammedDime is now a SMF friend,  is anybody in the team working on this?   any plans?

there's quite a good ideas in here,  it will be a shame if this got lost.

SlammedDime

I committed all of my work to SVN in hopes that the next lead would pick up where I left off.  I do still have write access to SVN and will help out if needed as well.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Deaks

we  asked same question in The Asylum (seriously thats what the friends board is called) and IchBin the new lead says it is being worked on by Himself and B
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

mirahalo

ok,   I'll keep an eye on this for future updates.

Marcus Forsberg

I'm gonna be a total badass here and bump a 1+ year old topic. Whatcha gonna do about it? ;)

Is this still being worked on? It's been like what, two years now and still no progress seen what so ever? The current customisation site is ridiculous to say the least. Not that it matters since I don't really use it any more but I'm just curious as to what's happened to this project. Another failure, is it?

Suki

We aren't gonna use SD code, we are gonna use smcore as the platform instead. We have a board for it, perhaps you can see it, not so sure who can see it though.

Yes, the new Customization site surely is my top goal.

I wouldn't say failure, yes it's been years but in all those years both  the Dev and Cus team were always short on staff.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Advertisement: