News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Template parse error

Started by frenki, April 20, 2010, 05:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenki

Today i have installed SA Facebook connect mod and Advanced reputation system. SA went fine but on advanced rep. system on my language it didnt show well,i fixed language pack and developer said that i need to Empty the file cache. I did Empty the file cache, got "The maintenance task 'Empty the file cache' was executed successfully." and from that moment i am getting

QuoteTemplate Parse Error!

It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Can anyone help me on this matter ?

forum is

http://www.ssefbl.org/forum/index.php

frenki

I got it working by deleting everything from catche folder. If anyone else experience same problem.

Kill Em All

Glad you got it working frenki, and thanks for posting the solution. :)

I am going to mark the topic solved, please feel free to unmark it solved if you have further questions. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

frenki

For some reason, some mod added 2

<?php
<?php

at the beggining of every language file, where second <?php was much smaller when i opened it with notepad.

I had to manualy change on every file at cache folder. After i did again catche clearing, same thing happend, i supose some mod is somhow adding 2 of <?php

Antechinus

Do you mean the standard Windows Notepad? That should never be used for code editing as it can make a real mess of things.
Use a proper code editor like Notepad++  http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

frenki

i mean Notepad++

Anyway, every time i clean the cache i get the same error because something is changing my language file so it gives 2 of <?php functions, thats why  i am getting this error. Now i really dont know how to fix it exept modifying lang_index+Modifications_serbian_latin-utf8_default.php file in catch folder.

Antechinus

That's a strange bug. Anything in the error log?

frenki

No nothing at error, ill attach file just to show how does it look like.

Anyway what i did is reinstalled language pack and it works without problem now. I think mod messed language code.

anyway guys, thank you for your help.

Antechinus

Yes I see what you mean. Looks like a glitch in the mod. Maybe see what the mod author has to say about it.

Advertisement: