Ignored users can still send PMs (2.0 RC3)

Started by Mike Bobbitt, April 21, 2010, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bobbitt

Hi all,

I'm on 2.0 RC3 at http://forums.army.ca, and have discovered that ignored users can still send PMs to those ignoring them. The ignored user's posts are still correctly ignored, but it doesn't seem to be working for PMs. I've double checked the users' settings and they seem correct.

Is anyone else seeing this, or is it a config problem on my end?

Thanks!
Mike

JBlaze

Profile -> Personal Messaging -> Make sure 'Receive personal messages from' is set to 'All members, except those on my ignore list'.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Mike Bobbitt

Thanks JBlaze, I confirmed that the setting is correct. I even checked the db to ensure the ignored userid is on the ignored list for that user's record. I was able to reproduce it with a test account as well.

Cheers
Mike

Arantor

I actually mentioned this in Site Comments a bit back as I wasn't sure if it was just here or not. But I think it is broken.

Mike Bobbitt

Anyone else seeing this? My users would love to be able to ignore me. ;)

Kill Em All

This is a known bug in RC3 that has been resolved for RC4.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Mike Bobbitt

Kill Em All

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

jjzx2sr

isnt there a setting for that in the PM setting. To reject PM's from ignored users i seen it last night while working on my forum.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer.

Kill Em All

Quote from: jjzx2sr on August 19, 2010, 10:31:59 PM
isnt there a setting for that in the PM setting. To reject PM's from ignored users i seen it last night while working on my forum.
as JB pointed out here:
Quote from: JBlaze on April 21, 2010, 01:53:58 PM
Profile -> Personal Messaging -> Make sure 'Receive personal messages from' is set to 'All members, except those on my ignore list'.
But there is a bug and it doesn't work, but it was resolved for RC4.

jjzx2sr

Kill Em All

jjzx2sr

Kill Em All

robg2251

I'm having this issue too, and I see the solution is 2.0 RC4 -  question is, how do I download and update?   

Oya

Quote from: robg2251 on October 13, 2010, 01:45:12 PM
I'm having this issue too, and I see the solution is 2.0 RC4 -  question is, how do I download and update?

its not available publicly yet

Advertisement: