how to activate Sent Items (pm's)

Started by meko me, April 21, 2010, 08:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meko me

hello ppl i was wondering how to activate Sent Items in the pm window it is nt activated on this board either  :o

if i send pm to someone on our forum or here it won't get saved in the sent items why is that ?

Yahmez

The default setting for the option to "Save a copy in my outbox" (set in profile or @ each new message composed) is off as far as I know. You can also bulk reset your members accounts to do this through the admin control panel.

smp420

Nothing you can do about it in this site but in your own...

go to Administration Center » Themes and Layout » Member Options and set "Save a copy of each personal message in my outbox by default."
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Yahmez

Quote from: smp420 on April 21, 2010, 08:39:30 PM
Nothing you can do about it in this site but in your own...

On this site you have the option in your profile.

Profile>Modify Profile>Personal Messaging> "Save a copy of each personal   message in my outbox by default."

smp420

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

meko me

all of u will u please explain why is that Sent Items thing is there and what for ?

smp420

It saves a copy of your messages in your outbox by default its disabled most likely to save space.

meko me

Quote from: smp420 on April 21, 2010, 08:59:30 PM
It saves a copy of your messages in your outbox by default its disabled most likely to save space.

fyi i already know that but what is the function of Sent Items ?

btw congrats on ur 1k post :P

Yahmez

So that you have a record of the PM you sent. Also it enables the 'Conversation mode' style of PM's that is new in 2.0

meko me

Quote from: ҰΛĥmΞڃ on April 21, 2010, 09:46:47 PM
So that you have a record of the PM you sent. Also it enables the 'Conversation mode' style of PM's that is new in 2.0

but bro that folder ios empty :|

Yahmez

Sure it is, if you don't save your sent messages there.

Advertisement: