News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How Do I Modify My Forum's Home Page

Started by Russ123, April 21, 2010, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ123

How can I add a logo, make the header bigger, etc?

Which file has the HTML for the header?

Thank you.

BoxingChaos

In the themes

In the section where it says SITE SLOGAN, you dont have to add a slogan, you can add an image or a word and this will get rid of the simple machines logo too

Now, the way I modify my text size because to be honest, some themes need tweeking.

I use a plugin for firefox called firebug

You need firefox and then add this firebug plugin to the firefox which means you have to download and install it.

I use firebug to see what files need what. I just hover my mouse over it and it tell me what is going on.

Normally we are just working with the index.css

make sure you save a copy of the css file or any file so just incase you mess up or forget, you can just put back the original file and start over

www.BoxingSquad.com/forum

Russ123

Thanks. I'm using the Default theme, and I don't have nearly the amount of options you show in your screen shot.

Russ123

Which file contains the HTML for the forum's home page?

Thank you.

Antechinus

Exactly what are you wanting to modify? The main forum page is made up of two separate templates.

Russ123

Thanks for the reply.
I want to modify the header of the page (but just in case I want to do more, what are the two templates you're referring to?)

Thank you,
-Russ

Antechinus

The main one that wraps all the sub templates for various pages is index.template.php. The actual categories and boards listing (and the info centre) is BoardIndex.template.php.

Russ123

Thank you. Which one contains the header for the main page?

Antechinus

I've merged your threads. Please do not create duplicate topics for the same support questions.

Anyway...................

Quote from: Antechinus on April 21, 2010, 06:03:10 PMThe main one that wraps all the sub templates for various pages is index.template.php.

as opposed to

Quote from: Antechinus on April 21, 2010, 06:03:10 PM
The actual categories and boards listing (and the info centre) is BoardIndex.template.php.

Advertisement: