News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

iframe help

Started by Gary, June 04, 2005, 02:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

This is probably something simple. But I dont know how to do it, so, every little helps. ;)

Anyway, I'm creating a design for someone but it has various rollovers etc... to make it more interactive as if it were a flash thing. So I'm fully coding it so he can actually have a look at it and then decide if he want to use it.

I have an iframe with links outside of the iframe. I want some, i.e. the site navigation, to make it so that whatever those items link to, the page appears INSIDE the iframe rather than in a new window.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Gazmanafc
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

[Unknown]

If you use target="framename" it should go inside the frame.

-[Unknown]

Gary

Okay. I'll try that out. Thanks [Unknown].

EDIT: It worked. Thanks again [Unknown]
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

misscalais

what code r u using ?

this code below is placed on a page that u want the destination to show up in

i/e if u have a button for  aguestbook on your menu and once pressed it goes to www.yoursite.com/guest.html [nofollow] well on the page guest.html you can insert the code below.....

<iframe name="guestbook" src="http://www.differentwebsite.com/page.html [nofollow]" width=650 height=1180 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 hspace=0 vspace=0 frameborder=1 scrolling=yes z-index:4">                                 </iframe>

This is a good way of inserting things that u may not have on your own site and u dont necessarily want ppl to see where it came from  ;) ;)

cheers

Gary

I've already done it, and it definatly works. All I have to do is make it so that all the links work. i.e. the pages actually exsist!
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Advertisement: