News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Problem with database..

Started by [dazed], April 23, 2010, 09:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[dazed]

Got this error after doing a backup and turning on the switch to send email when MySQL errors occur.

$ssi_db_user = ''; $cachedir = '/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/forum/cache'; ?>

The forum is members only so I get that at the top of the login screen. I can't log in. I get a white screen with that line on top. Ran repair settings to see if there were any problems. None, as nothing in paths was changed. Came here and did a search and came up with this topic and tried the fix suggested. (rename the settings.php file, then renaming the settings_bak.php to settings.php) That also didn't work.

So being as I had just done a full backup I went to Control Panel >phpAdmin and made another db and tried to upload the backup db to the new db I created. (figuring I would just change the settings if I got it to upload) Well this is when I find out that we have a error here. The upload failed here is the error.

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `smf_board_permissions` (
`id_group` ,
`id_profile` ,
`permission` ,
`add_deny`
)
VALUES -- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Table structure for table `smf_boards`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `smf_boards` ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `smf_boards`' at line 9

OK, just in case I split up the db file into 4 different sections and attempted to upload a straight txt file instead of a zip file. Nada, same error. So the error has to be in the first section (first 15,000 lines of the db)

So, I am open for any suggestion as I hate to see 5 years of data gone.  :(

My question is, is this a known problem? If so I can edit the db txt file if someone can show me the values it is looking for.

Version: SMF 2.0 RC1.2

MySQL version: 5.0.90-community on host.

DEK24

[dazed]

Quote from: DEK24 on May 13, 2010, 10:34:28 PM
I'm having same problem!

Well I paid to have it solved, as the support here since the breakup in January is s#it. The also just yesterday got the forum converted to another software that provides support.

SMF will never get version 2 gold out, never mind that they should be on ver 3 by now. Come on, 4+ years on v2 betas?

Could have been the best, but stubborn personality's just caused it to fail..

One month without a support reply, so you may as well just mark it solved, because no one cares.

Arantor

You're right that 2 has been badly delayed, which is why the dev team has just been massively expanded from down at 2, to 6 people.

Would have been nice to know if you had any mods installed, and why you were using a forum with known vulnerabilities which has had 2 release candidates since your version.

[dazed]

Quote from: Arantor on May 14, 2010, 09:14:54 AM
You're right that 2 has been badly delayed, which is why the dev team has just been massively expanded from down at 2, to 6 people.
irrelevant, really. It is way to late for excuses now.

Quote from: Arantor on May 14, 2010, 09:14:54 AM
Would have been nice to know if you had any mods installed, and why you were using a forum with known vulnerabilities which has had 2 release candidates since your version.

Well I had all mods uninstalled, (not that I run but a couple easy ones). I was checking to make sure I had a good db before running the upgrade. That's when the settings.php got trashed. I had to hand edit it in order to restore function. Then instead of upgrading I just switched to VBull.

While you may think that "The Other Software" will be the answer, I have been following the events there closely and I see that turning into a total failure. I don't give that a snowball's in hell chance. Originally I was on their side, but I can see why smf just failed.

Quote from: DEK24 on May 13, 2010, 10:34:28 PM
I'm having same problem!

If you are still having the same problem DEK, PM me and I'll help you out. I don't want to post any solutions here after our posts sitting unanswered for a month.

Arantor

Yes, there is a known bug with Settings.php getting trashed.

How is it irrelevant that what's gone wrong in the past is being fixed with new people on board, bugs being fixed on a daily basis? Yes, it was crap in the past - but the team is trying to move forward, rather than endlessly rake over the past.

If anything, I'd say 2.0 final will land before "The Other Software", too.

I'm sorry you don't feel you want to share, but I can understand why not.

Advertisement: