Email domain

Started by ~DS~, April 23, 2010, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

How the heck do you guys have email domain? Would like to use it for my staffs.

I have seen many with email domain like this one for example:
[email protected]

Sorry for a stupid question.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kill Em All

Its a special thing that only cool people get. ;)

Check with your hosting provider. There should be something called Email in your cPanel.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

~DS~

Ok I have already done one. How does this work exactly for SMF staffs and how the email goes since they do not have access to my server?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Kill Em All

Well they can use a email client and just set it up from there, you may have to provide them with a SMTP info, port info, IMAP or POP3 info, etc. They will have to tell you the password that they want though. So that is also a trust thing.

There is also a IP they can sometimes type into their browser and it will bring them to the web email client. I prefer just a normal email client such as Thunderbird.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

~DS~

I would rather let them have their own email client and use Email Domain Forwarders so it will redirect all emails to that address. Will that work?

Kill Em All

Yeah. You should check with your host though about the forwarders though. Most likely they support it though.

sAce

or just use the webmail,  ( yourdomain.com:2095)

Kill Em All

Quote from: S-Ace on April 24, 2010, 12:38:27 AM
or just use the webmail,  ( yourdomain.com:2095)
He wants them to just have their own client.

CapadY

The only problem with forwarded mail is that at a response the private mail adress is shown and not the site adress.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: