Installed Mods: where do I access the features?

Started by Pene, April 25, 2010, 09:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pene

I have installed a global announcement mod and the remove forum logo mod--link below.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2383

It took me a while, but I finally saw where to access the announcement feature on the left sidebar menu.
But I have not made the same discovery regarding the remove logo. Is it supposed to remove it automatically? Or since I'm using a theme (curvedlife), do I need to do some manual tinkering? If that is the case, could someone provide some instructions? (Thanks)

I know I can find the mod package under packages, but accessing it for use seems to be different since the GLlobal Announcements was added to the menu under the Forum heading.

I want to download and install one or two more mods--security and adsense--but would like to understand this better first.

Thank You,
Penelope

Chas Large

For a start, it's better to address questions about mods, in the support topic for the mod, the mod author is better able to assist. However, if you've checked the obvious Admin areas like Admin > Configuration > Modifications then for a mod that affects the logo it's probably in the Admin > Current theme settings.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: