News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Menu Button Footer

Started by Brido, April 25, 2010, 09:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brido

Can anyone tell me the best way to solve footer problem.  I have just installed Twitter & facebook Mod and think it has caused Menu Buttons by 2by2host.com web hosting company to be shown twice in footer.

Tried to edit problem in index.template.php but will ask to report to SMF.  Any suggestions to fix.

Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3 | SMF © 2006–2010, Simple Machines LLC
Menu Buttons by 2by2host.com web hosting company
Menu Buttons by 2by2host.com web hosting company
XHTML RSS WAP2

Chas Large

Did you try uninstalling the mod to see if the footer was fixed? If so then address the problem in the support topic for the mod, the mod author is best able to give you advice on this. However, no two mods are guaranteed to work with each other so you may have to do manual edits to fix things. Look at the manual installation instructions for both mods and see where they both make some change to the same area, it's the best starting point.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Brido

Thanks for reply tried uninstalling the mod several times but still see problem.  Also had a look in Themes/default/index.template.php and edit below

<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright() . get2by2host_copyright() . (function_exists('get2by2host_copyright') ? get2by2host_copyright() : ''), '</li>

But problem i get is.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.
Not sure why this message is appearing? Take a look at some common causes.

So need to keep problem in footer at the moment

Chas Large

If you get the latest update pack for 2.x and look at the footer code in there you could copy and paste it to get it back to normal.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Brido

I did like you posted but not to sure how to place this part again get2by2host_copyright

Many Thanks

Chas Large

Quote from: Brido on April 25, 2010, 01:44:00 PM
I did like you posted but not to sure how to place this part again get2by2host_copyright

Many Thanks
Look at the manual instructions for the mod where that copyright comes from. Menu buttons?

Liam.

If you attach your theme's index.template.php file, I will fix it for you ;)

daked

where in the index.template.html can i add my custom copyright
   this is how i would like it too look like

©2010|Teens online meet is owned by http://davidakeke.blogspot.comDavid akeke
                    http://teensonlinemeet.com/tom/tom%27s-rules-and-regulationRules of TOM