News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post PM

Started by hadesflames, April 25, 2010, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadesflames

Link to Mod

Package Information

Latest Version: 1.0.6
Created by: hadesflames
Built for: SMF 2.0 and SMF 1.1.12
Package: Post PM
Special Thanks to: tyty1234 for helping me with the $config_vars in SMF 1.1.

What is this?

This modification adds a setting in Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > Basic Features at the bottom (SMF 1.1) or Admin > Configuration > Modification Settings... > Post PM (SMF 2.0) where you can enable the mod, and enter the board id of the board you want the pm topics to be posted in, as well as the user id and user name of the account that will be the poster, and this will also be the account that will post pms sent to it. This mod does NOT remove pm functionality for the account.

This mod is basically like the SMF Customization Team account here on SM.org ;)

Alteration Log

Version 1.0.6
[!] Removed the file edit to PersonalMessage.php in favor of an integration hook.

Version 1.0.5
[!] Fixed minor bug.
[!] Confirmed working with 2.0.11

Version 1.0.4
[!] Updated mod to remove all but one file edit. The file edit to PersonalMessage.php is absolutely necessary, and can not be moved elsewhere. The modification is a must.
[!] Confirmed working with 2.0.10

Version 1.0.3
[!] Fixed security issue - March 1, 2015
[!] Fixed installer - March 1, 2015

Version 1.0.2

[!] Confirmed working with SMF 2.0.2 - June 23, 2012
[!] Confirmed working with SMF 2.0 - June 13, 2011
[!] Option to allow automatic posts to count towards a user's post count.

Version 1.0.1

[!] Confirmed works with 2.0 RC5 - February 11, 2011
[!] Confirmed works with 2.0 RC4 - February 7th, 2011
[!] Dropped SMF 1.1.X support - February 7th, 2011

Version 1.0

[!] Legacy version. Will only support SMF 1.1.X If it ceases to work in some version of 1.1.X then it will be completely dropped from the 1.1 line - February 7th, 2011
[!] Confirmed works with 2.0 RC3 and 1.1.11 - April 02, 2010
[!] Released on April 02, 2010.
[!] Dropped completely - March 1, 2015

Need Help?

If you need help with this modification, please don't hesitate to post in the support thread.

Arantor

Nice mod. It isn't *quite* the same as the SMF Cust Team account functionality, but very similar.

hadesflames

Well, I wouldn't know, but I did what I could =P

Thanks though =]

Arantor

I'd argue it's probably better in some ways. From what I remember, the Cust Team PM system was set up so that general PMs were funnelled into a single topic as replies, requiring them to be split off and dealt with, or if they named the name of a mod, to be added to the mod's internal discussion topic.

At least, that's how it was a bit back, simple but workable on a number of grounds (I hope I'm not sharing SEKRIT TECKNIKAL SEKRITS here, though really there's not a more practical manner to do it)

hadesflames

I did this in a couple of minutes. Found the easiest way to do it, did it, and there you have it =P

Arantor

*nods* Just gotta be careful who has access to the board...

~DS~

Nice mod, what you say you would use it for? Reporting and such? We have that "report to mod" feature.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

hadesflames

No...It's useful mainly when someone needs to ask the general team something, outside of the public. They pm to that account, and it gets posted in a board that only the team can see. That way, the team can discuss it if need be, then answer back.

Shole

And i thought its some silly mod but its actualy like a private board(like in VB) nice work

~DS~

I decided to install this...I am not sure but the link to profile didn't break the line after a PM message...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

hadesflames

Quote from: Shole on April 30, 2010, 04:49:21 PM
And i thought its some silly mod but its actualy like a private board(like in VB) nice work

Thanks =]

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 30, 2010, 05:33:12 PM
I decided to install this...I am not sure but the link to profile didn't break the line after a PM message...

I may have left out a break somewhere, is this in 1.1 or 2.0?

~DS~

Quote from: hadesflames on May 01, 2010, 01:17:09 PM
Quote from: Shole on April 30, 2010, 04:49:21 PM

Thanks =]

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 30, 2010, 05:33:12 PM

I may have left out a break somewhere, is this in 1.1 or 2.0?
2.0 RC3  :)

hadesflames

Nope, the breaks are there, I think I left it out at some point, and just upped a new one to the mod site. If you uninstall it, and re-install with a fresh one from the mod site, does it work?

~DS~

I tested in my localhost, seem fine. In my live site it seem a mod is causing this.

removed mods...

Something's causing bad post.

hadesflames

Dunno what to tell yah cept I might be suspicious of that multi quote mod...

~DS~

Quote from: hadesflames on May 02, 2010, 01:37:58 PM
Dunno what to tell yah cept I might be suspicious of that multi quote mod...
Nothing. Tried on localhost, seem fine together. It look like the <br> tags is missing somewhere in the file. What file may causing this so I can take a look?

hadesflames

It's actually not a <br /> tag, it's a
 bbcode, and there are two, both are there.

~DS~

Quote from: hadesflames on May 02, 2010, 09:04:49 PM
^_^', I uh..... ^_^';
The br tag was unchecked....so I enabled it. I am sorry about all this posting.  ;D

lucas-ruroken

Nice work hadesflames ^^
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

hadesflames

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 02, 2010, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: hadesflames on May 02, 2010, 09:04:49 PM
^_^', I uh..... ^_^';
The br tag was unchecked....so I enabled it. I am sorry about all this posting.  ;D

lol XD

At least it works now ^_^

Quote from: lucas-ruroken on May 02, 2010, 11:05:43 PM
Nice work hadesflames ^^

Thanks, keep your eyes peeled for my next mod, it should be interesting =]

Advertisement: