News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post PM

Started by hadesflames, April 25, 2010, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas-ruroken

QuoteThanks, keep your eyes peeled for my next mod, it should be interesting =]

Ok ok :P

Greetings
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

luuuciano

Hi! nice mod, Im using it to see when someone writes something to the "superadmin" that I do not use too often

btw, wich is the use of "Enter the user name for the account you want to post pms" ?

because I do not fully understand it... I have tried adding the superadmin name there... or any other "name".... and nothing changed (sending test PM to it)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

hadesflames

You only need to put the name of the account you're using the mod with, it's to fill out a parameter in the post function, it's not really too important besides that. The name will always be that of the user name associated with the user id you put.

mirahalo

nice mod ;)  a suggestion, could this:

Link To Sender\'s Profile

in  /Sources/PersonalMessage.php    can be changed to a text string?   something like:  $txt['post_pm_sender_link']  ?

could be useful ;)

greetings.

4b11l

Hello,

I am also having a hard time trying to understand this mod also. If you can explain it more clearly, I think it'd help.

So if a list of ID's is entered in the settings, all PM's sent and received by those member ID's will post to a private board?

admirable

From my end it has great work done.
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mirahalo

Quote from: 4b11l on June 10, 2010, 06:09:47 PM
Hello,

I am also having a hard time trying to understand this mod also. If you can explain it more clearly, I think it'd help.

So if a list of Id's is entered in the settings, all PM's sent and received by those member ID's will post to a private board?

not necessarily to a private board, could be any board, you have to set that board as private, admins only or whatever.

you put an ID  4 for example in the settings,   then the user with ID 4, whenever this user receive a pm,  this mod will create a post in a board you specify in the settings, meaning all the pm that this user gets after the installation of this mod will be posted on that board.

4b11l

Quote from: 130860 on June 11, 2010, 12:25:07 PM
Quote from: 4b11l on June 10, 2010, 06:09:47 PM
Hello,

So if a list of Id's is entered in the settings, all PM's sent and received by those member ID's will post to a private board?

not necessarily to a private board, could be any board, you have to set that board as private, admins only or whatever.

you put an ID  4 for example in the settings,   then the user with ID 4, whenever this user receive a pm,  this mod will create a post in a board you specify in the settings, meaning all the pm that this user gets after the installation of this mod will be posted on that board.

I see, thanks for the clarification. Is this possible to go the other way around? When the member ID listed sends a message; that message get's posted? Also, is it able to list multiple ID's?

mirahalo

it can be done, but this mod doesn't do that.

you have to check if support for multiple ID, I haven't tested yet, try using with a comma,  1,2,3,4  etc.

4b11l

Quote from: 130860 on June 11, 2010, 03:26:34 PM
it can be done, but this mod doesn't do that.

you have to check if support for multiple ID, I haven't tested yet, try using with a comma,  1,2,3,4  etc.

That is unfortunate! Ah, I have been searching for a mod like this and thought this would be the one. I basically need it because of vendors trying to advertise through PM's. I have no way of tracking this so I thought this would be the perfect mod.

Well, I hope the mod author can add this feature or if anyone can show me how to mod it, that would be great. Will continue to check back.

mirahalo

if you have problems with spam in PMS, I recommend that tell your users to use the report to moderator option in their pm, also, you can add those spammers to a group and setup the permissions of that group so they cannot send PMS

4b11l

Quote from: 130860 on June 11, 2010, 03:44:42 PM
if you have problems with spam in PMS, I recommend that tell your users to use the report to moderator option in their pm, also, you can add those spammers to a group and setup the permissions of that group so they cannot send PMS

I do have those options enabled and it's not a matter of the vendor just spamming, but advertising. Here is a scenario; the vendor see's some of our sponsors advertising products and they have the same products at a more competitive price. However, they are not a sponsor so they can not advertise. They see the members who are interested and PM's them. The member of course would like a better deal and the report to admin is thus, ineffective. There is no way to track this and of the one or two who may report it, the vendor may of gotten away with 20-30 sales already.

luuuciano

so... you want to violate members privacy to avoid that?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

4b11l

Quote from: luuuciano on June 11, 2010, 04:17:55 PM
so... you want to violate members privacy to avoid that?

No I don't, that's what my assumption of this mod was, that's why I'm asking to clarify what the mod's purpose is.

hadesflames

Sorry I haven't checked around.

I will not add such a feature to my mod as that is in my opinion a violation of user privacy. This mod is intended to be used so that members can contact staff of a site all in one PM to make life easier for staff and users. Not to monitor private messages. I will also not explain how it would be possible to obtain the feature you are looking for, as this would be just as good as me throwing it in the mod.

Also, thanks for explaining my mod and its use for me 130860, it is much appreciated =]

Cal O'Shaw

I saw this MOD is no longer supported (which is sad, as it's been really great for us to give our members a way to contact us without having to know the names of every member of the team or try to use the RTM or RTA links.

What we had hoped we could do was also use it as a way to document PMs sent by the Admin Team where we needed to keep a copy for official purposes.  We had hoped we could use the "Bcc": option when sending a PM, but that does not seem to forward the PM to the board.

Is there any way to be able to get that ability?

Grazie,

Cal

hadesflames

Sure, just open install.xml (if you're in SMF 2.0) look for this:

if(isset($modSettings['post_pm']) && !empty($modSettings['post_pm']) && array_intersect($recipientList['to'], array($modSettings['post_pm_user_id'])))

replace it with this:

if(isset($modSettings['post_pm']) && !empty($modSettings['post_pm']) && array_intersect(array_merge($recipientList['to'], $recipientList['bcc']), array($modSettings['post_pm_user_id'])))

If you're in SMF 1.1 then open install_1.1.xml and look for this:

if(isset($modSettings['post_pm']) && !empty($modSettings['post_pm']) && array_intersect($recipients['to'], array($modSettings['post_pm_user_id'])))

replace it with this:

if(isset($modSettings['post_pm']) && !empty($modSettings['post_pm']) && array_intersect(array_merge($recipients['to'], $recipients['bcc']), array($modSettings['post_pm_user_id'])))

Cal O'Shaw

Great!  Grazie!

Sorry things didn't work out to where you could continue to support this, as you write some really good stuff.

Again, many thanks!

Cal

hadesflames

I'm glad you like my work =]

If you want to see my latest and greatest, keep your eyes peeled to arantormods.com ;)

Advertisement: