News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Installing Packages - Blank Page?

Started by cralor, April 25, 2010, 05:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cralor

I've taken a search... but haven't found any answers.

I've had success installing several Packages, but I cannot successfully install the AjaxChat package or the Ad Management Mod.

Could anyone provide me some insight why trying to install these packages results in a blank page?

Thanks!!!

JasonO

It could be PHP timing out as the packages are too large.

Do you have access to the error log on your web host? It might reveal about something exceding which would support my suggestion.

What method are you using to install the packages. The upload form, FTP or through a web download?

cralor

Quote from: JasonO on April 25, 2010, 05:37:40 PM
It could be PHP timing out as the packages are too large.

Do you have access to the error log on your web host? It might reveal about something exceding which would support my suggestion.

What method are you using to install the packages. The upload form, FTP or through a web download?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I believe it's around 10 second time-out across the board, but the "blank page" comes up fairly fast.

I've been uploading the .zip file with the Package Manager and then clicking "Install Mod".

Hmm...

JasonO

Did you have a look at the error log?

A blank page usually means a fatal error within PHP. It basically kills the page and stops anything else loading. A lot of web hosts I know have PHP Errors turned off by default, so you will need to look into the error log to find the cause.

cralor

Quote from: JasonO on April 25, 2010, 05:48:07 PM
Did you have a look at the error log?

A blank page usually means a fatal error within PHP. It basically kills the page and stops anything else loading. A lot of web hosts I know have PHP Errors turned off by default, so you will need to look into the error log to find the cause.

I am doing this on a free server before I move to paid, and I don't believe I have access to a PHP Error Log. I have contacted them for an answer, though.

cralor

Ok. I have no access to a PHP error log. What else can I do?

Thanks,
cralor

cralor

Cassiel

There is a Error Log located on your forum in Admin > Error Log. When you install any of the mods that give you a blank page, does anything show up in the error log?

Also, have you tried manual installation of the mods? Manual Installation of Mods

Drakien

I'm getting same black page..

Error is below

http://www.cojonline.info/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=options
8: Undefined index: DOCUMENT_ROOT
File: D:/Websites/tgsadmin1/cojonline.info/wwwroot/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 1432

I'm running on a Windows Host.. was really hoping .. the automated install of the base forums went really well.. :/

Surf3rDud3

I get the same thing with my site but mines paid... I try installing mods and the page goes blank i refresh then it says it timed out and to try again and i do but it keeps repeating.

Arantor

Do you have any mods installed already?

You can run SMF on a Windows host just fine - I have run SMF on my Windows PC for years...

Surf3rDud3

I was able to install PortaMx But after that it quit...

Arantor

So if you uninstall PortaMX do others work?

It may be a bug in PortaMX.

Surf3rDud3

No it times out then i try uninstalling it.

Arantor

In which case I'd suggest using the Large Upgrade, applied over the top of all your current files to restore it to default, then try installing other things.

See what happens then.

Drakien

Quote from: Arantor on May 01, 2010, 01:10:30 PM
In which case I'd suggest using the Large Upgrade, applied over the top of all your current files to restore it to default, then try installing other things.

See what happens then.

I have no MODs installed as yet.. This is a freash install for me...  Any idea's on what that error message means?

Arantor

Drakien: Please start your own topic with the relevant details

Surf3rDud3

So I tried reinstalling 2.0 RC3 and nothing.... Still does it.

cralor

Sorry. I will get back to this. I am very busy currently! Sorry!

cralor

Are errors really bad? I have a lot of them and I've done nothing but view the front page.

Anyway, after clearing them and trying to install, these are the errors I have: (See Attached file)

Advertisement: