Search engine friendly URLs and Litespeed.

Started by LeetPirate, April 26, 2010, 09:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeetPirate

Hi, I am currently trying out SMF on my server and for some reason SMF refuses to allow SEF Urls on LiteSpeed web servers. This is a great disappointment and it should be fixed. LiteSpeed is a 100% compatible Apache drop-in replacement. Every other php system I know of can use mod rewrite on LiteSpeed so what makes SMF different?
Please tell me there is a way to fix this. I spent days researching different forum systems and finally concluded that SMF was the best for me but now I meet this SEO/SEF problem. :(

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.  :)

kat

Hi! Welcome to our forum!

Have you searched our mod site, for "SEO" and/or "SEF"?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods

LeetPirate

Quote from: Kat on April 26, 2010, 09:39:35 AM
Hi! Welcome to our forum!

Have you searched our mod site, for "SEO" and/or "SEF"?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods
Hey, thanks for your reply. I did search, I found a mod called Pretty Urls which came highly recommended around the web. I prefer to find a way to get the native features working first before using mods. Any code hacks that could make it work? What about plans for native SEF Litespeed support in the final version?

kat

Dunno, mate. That's WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my league.

There IS a "Feature requests" board, here. Maybe a post, there, would be useful, ay?

LeetPirate

Quote from: Kat on April 26, 2010, 09:49:45 AM
Dunno, mate. That's WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my league.

There IS a "Feature requests" board, here. Maybe a post, there, would be useful, ay?
I found a working solution. Override SEF Checks mod works to bypass the SEF checks in SMF to allow the use of mod_rewrite in LiteSpeed. Atleast this shows that smf can in fact use native SEF in LiteSpeed so it seems the dev team only needs to add litespeed to the pass list when it performs the check. I will make a post in the feature request forum.

Thanks.  ;)

Advertisement: