News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Moving DB to another hosting

Started by Luoslav, April 26, 2010, 09:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luoslav

Hi, i have SMF 2.0 RC3 and I want to ask you how to correctly move SMF database to another hosting. On my current foum (also RC3) i have instalelled smf_2-0-rc3_czech-utf8 language pack. I tryed to move my database many times but always goes something wrong especialy with letter like ô, ň, ž, č, š etc... they appeared like question marks. How to avoid it in installing process ? its better to backup database with phpmyadmin or through smf forum administrator center ?

Thanks for any advice

adbrad

take a back up from both also have a look at How do I move my SMF forum to a different host? it might give you some ideas

CapadY

Make sure both databases use the same settings. So, when the old database is UTF, the new one should also be UTF. If the old database isn't, the new database shouldn't be neither.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Luoslav

Quote from: capady on April 26, 2010, 10:20:48 AM
Make sure both databases use the same settings. So, when the old database is UTF, the new one should also be UTF. If the old database isn't, the new database shouldn't be neither.

maybe this was last time my problem, now works everything fine, no question marks, no anomalies, thanks  :)

adbrad

is this now solved if so please feel free to mark it so using the green link to the bottom left

Liam.

What is repair_settings.php? will be another useful article for you to read. You may need to run repair_settings.php in order to fix some things on your site after migrating hosts.

Advertisement: