News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

When is Launch Date

Started by Stevee, April 26, 2010, 10:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevee

I know you guy's are busier then NASA trying to get to Mars right now but should I expect to be able to launch a 2.x Generation SMF Forum by the end of this year?  Or should I go with 1.1.11  for now.  Is upgrading to 2.x going to be difficult to merge with an existing 1.X forum or will the database pretty much transition smoothly with the 2.X version?

Nice work by the way.  8) 

Kill Em All

There is no set date. To be honest though, I would say just go with 2.0. The transition would be very smooth, but just get your members use to 2.0 right off the bat, and yourself to.

I would also suggest checking the mod site and theme site to see which themes/mods sport 2.0 that you want.
http://custom.simplemachines.org

2.0 RC3 is pretty stable in most people's opinions really.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

~DS~

Quote from: Kill Em All on April 26, 2010, 11:33:38 PM
To be honest though, I would say just go with 2.0. The transition would be very smooth, but just get your members use to 2.0 right off the bat, and yourself to.
Actually it's not recommended as this is in development and not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC3 on a production site as stated by SMF.

Quote2.0 RC3 is pretty stable in most people's opinions really
That's for sure.

As for the date...it will be release when it's ready.  ;)
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Antechinus

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 26, 2010, 11:54:04 PM
Quote from: Kill Em All on April 26, 2010, 11:33:38 PM
To be honest though, I would say just go with 2.0. The transition would be very smooth, but just get your members use to 2.0 right off the bat, and yourself to.
Actually it's not recommended as this is in development and not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC3 on a production site as stated by SMF.
This is a production site.

Stevee

I'm going to go ahead and upload and install the SMF 2.0 RC3 Large Upgrade this morning on my host.  Since the forum won't be live till later this year I'll have plenty of time to set everything up. 

Stevee

Upload successful.  Ahhh . . good ol' 404 error.  Lost complete access.

Checklist please. Prepare backup restore procedure.

CapadY

First check permissions and if files are in the right place using FTP

404 means often "File not Found". So, is the index in the right place ?

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Stevee

Hold it we got it.   8)

://theamazingwhatever.com/forum/upgrade.php [nofollow] = 404

Then we tried the following
://theamazingwhatever.com/upgrade.php [nofollow]

Installing Now.

Stevee

Upgrade Complete
That wasn't so hard, was it?

We're on way the Jose! 

Nice . . . .  :D

Stevee

Post install checklist complete.

Beautiful!

Stevee

I want to run a check on my file permissions now that the install is complete.  Any link to info as to standard permissions (post install) would be appreciated.

Kill Em All

If it were up to me, I would of changed that wording around a long time ago.

Stevee, the general rule, all folders should be 755 and all files should be 644.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Stevee

Quote from: Kill Em All on April 27, 2010, 12:42:03 PM
If it were up to me, I would of changed that wording around a long time ago.

Stevee, the general rule, all folders should be 755 and all files should be 644.

Roger . . 755 and 644 thank you Sir.

Kill Em All

No problem, let us know if you need any further assistance. If not, feel free to mark this solved. :)

Advertisement: