News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[2.0 RC3] strange "0" in profile summary...

Started by Raffoz, April 27, 2010, 06:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffoz

in my forum i note some strange "0" in the profile of admin and in the profile of global moderator... not in the profile of normal users...

i attach an image...
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

Arantor

Raffoz

yes, but nothing with zero...

you mean: if i don't compile the fileds, it writes a "0"???

if so, always a bug it is... am i wrong?
MacOsX (last)

Raffoz

oh yes, you are correct... are two custom fileds, with value "0"... if i insert something different from 0, i dont' see any bug...

how to correct these bugs?
MacOsX (last)

Arantor

Raffoz

one numeric filed... long 10 characters...

and one box selection, with 5 values , from 0 to 4... and the first one is 0...
MacOsX (last)

Arantor

In the case of the first one, if the numeric field is empty, it'll be reduced to 0 because it *must* contain a number.

The second, it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing to me.

Liam.

Quote from: Arantor on April 27, 2010, 07:57:32 AM
In the case of the first one, if the numeric field is empty, it'll be reduced to 0 because it *must* contain a number.

The second, it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing to me.

Hmm... Still doesn't explain why it's showing two naughts. Any custom profile mods installed?

Arantor

Actually, it explains it if you were paying attention.

The first field is numeric but it's empty, so it defaults back to 0 because it has to contain a number. There's your first zero.

The second field is a dropdown whose value is stated as being 0.

All that's missing are descriptions, which could be a theme issue, could be a language file issue, or simply that no description was given.

Norv

Moving to Support forums. Please be sure that in case it appears to be a bug in SMF, it will be reconsidered.

It may be useful if you could make a screenshot with the options you defined for each custom profile field, to see what exactly was entered. (and what was not). It could also help if you could tell how you want the fields to behave.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Raffoz

it's not a language issue, because i visualize it in italian and in english too...

i attach images of custom fileds option...

the fileds actually do what i wanted... my issue are the "0" in the profile summary, as attached in the first message of this thread...

thanks to everyone...
MacOsX (last)

Arantor

Since neither field has a value of Show Within Enclosed Text, I believe nothing will show up on the page for it other than the value itself as already covered.

Advertisement: