News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

post editor, Insert hyperlink, bbcode

Started by Web Help Forums, April 27, 2010, 09:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web Help Forums

I think the editor "insert hyperlink" could be improvved to better help people not familiar with bbcode to insert URLs.

e.g. instead of inserting
[ url ] [ /url ]
it could insert
[ url=example.com ] [ /url ]

CapadY

In this way no link is shown :)

Then could it better be:

[ url=example.com ] example.com [ /url ]
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Web Help Forums

Your suggestion would be even better I think :)

Just many people who haven't used bbcode on other forums...
And SMF does not pop up a dialog making it 100% easy

So my/your alternative would provide valuable help for many I think.

Arantor

Try it in WYSIWYG mode, it puts a popup then... and for people not familiar with bbcode, that's more intuitive anyway.

Ricolla

Hi Arantor !
Try it in WYSIWYG mode, it puts a popup then...

What does this mean? When does the WYSIWYG editor create a popup? Is this a mod, cause in my board, there isn't a popup feature. And the mod
-> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=451 from IchBin, does not work in SMF 2.0.

Thx for any help, ric

Arantor

If you use WYSIWYG editor mode, assuming you're actually IN WYSIWYG mode (i.e. when you make something bold, it appears bold in the editor), clicking the button should give you a popup.

Ricolla

Hi Arantor, very thx for your help. now i got it. clicking the right button (in my attached pic) realy does it. there is a popup. I`m shure, without your tipp i`d never found that. have a nice day and best regards, ric

Jason kiDD

Is there anyway to set this as default for all members... ?

Allusion

Quote from: Jason kiDD on May 17, 2010, 08:41:33 AM
Is there anyway to set this as default for all members... ?

What, the WYSIWYG editor? Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Member Options > For every theme you're using on your forum, click on "Configure guest and new user options for this theme" (and, if you want, also "Change current options for all members using this theme") and select "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."

Note that the WYSIWYG editor replaces the normal (BBC-based) editor only, not quick reply. In other words, you can't use this if you want the URL popup in quick reply; you'll probably need a mod for that.

Jason kiDD

Kill Em All

I'm going to mark this as solved as it seems the OP has abandoned the topic. Please feel free to unmark it solved if you have further questions ComputerGamePlayer.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: