News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mod Somehow erased my installed packages..

Started by Trevor Hale, April 27, 2010, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Hi Guys,

SMF 2.0 RC3 running PortaMX and various other mods.  (Attempted to install) Location on post Mod, and everything crapped the bed.

After a full restore of my server backups..  I still have a problem where none of my mods show as installed.  although I know they are.

Anyway, I looked in the database under (SMF_LOG_Packages) and only the old versions are listed then from the 2.0 RC2.. 

Needless to say there is no point in me changing those (Installed states) to a 1 from the 0.

How can I add these Mods (As Installed) Into the database without actually having SMF package manger try to install them again?

Trev

Antechinus

Looks like the db backup you restored is an old RC2 backup. Have you checked for that? In the settings table it should give the version.

Trevor Hale

I will check right now..  I did the upgrade to RC3 a week ago, and the DB Backup I had to restore today was from last night..  Give me a sec to check the table.

Trevor Hale

SMF_SETTINGS
              SMFVersion = 2.0 RC3

Liam.

If you run repair_settings.php it should fix the problem...

Trevor Hale

Trevor Hale

Made no difference at all.  But thanks anyway.

Antechinus

Have the edits done to your files by these mods been erased or are they still all there? In other words, is everything working or not? Whether or not they show as installed in the db wont affect this.

Liam.

Quote from: Antechinus on April 27, 2010, 04:53:06 PM
Have the edits done to your files by these mods been erased or are they still all there? In other words, is everything working or not? Whether or not they show as installed in the db wont affect this.

It will affect it, especially for uninstalling the mods... Anyway, pre-answered...

QuoteI still have a problem where none of my mods show as installed.  although I know they are.

Antechinus

It only affects whether they show as installed and for uninstalling. If the file edits are still in place the mod will work whether it shows as installed or not. What I want to know is does everything work. If it does, then simply changing the db setting should be all that is needed.

Trevor Hale

Quote from: Antechinus on April 27, 2010, 04:53:06 PM

Mods are all working fine.  (PortaMX etc...) But they are listed as not installed in the package manager, and there is no sign of them in the database either in the SMF_LOG_Packages..

So I guess what you are saying.. is I need to manually add them to the SMF-LOG_PACKAGES then?

Trev

Arantor

You can add them to smf_log_packages if you want.

The only downside is doing it manually is a royal pain, especially if your mods do proper DB changes, since that requires building a serialize'd array in the db_changes columns.

Trevor Hale

So what you are telling me then, is I am euchred...  (ACK!) The next upgrade is going to be a problem then..

Ah well, thanks for trying guys.

Arantor

Actually, the next upgrade isn't going to be a problem. If anything, the opposite.

The next upgrade, either 2.0 RC4 or final, whatever the devs determine, it'll overwrite all the files and be as if no mods were installed anyway.

Trevor Hale

Oh ok, awesome..  That makes me feel better then. I tried to upgrade to RC3 without uninstalling all the mods, (Assuming it would overwrite what was there anyway) and it crapped the bed bad.  Regardless I won't worry about it, Thanks a bundle.

Trev

Advertisement: