News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Highslide 4 SMF

Started by Spuds, May 01, 2010, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds

Quote from: agent47 on January 14, 2011, 09:32:47 AM
Dude. You never gave an answer to my post? :(
Are you referring to this part of your post?  I missed that when you did the Edit  :(
QuoteEDIT: Say I simply wanted to display the last 10 images of a particular album (say album No. 1) on the homepage, would it be possible to do that within a php/html block? If so; would you please be kind enough to share the code?
I think it would be best to ask in the Aeva mod thread, and I'd search it first in case someone already did just what you are asking.

GolfWizard

Hey, i was wondering, does this mod resize images in [img] tags in normal posts to fit the post area?

Everything else seems to be working 100% but it won't resize images that aren't attachments (2.0 RC4) running the Inferno theme

Chas Large

Quote from: GolfWizard on February 16, 2011, 02:03:47 PM
Hey, i was wondering, does this mod resize images in [img] tags in normal posts to fit the post area?

Everything else seems to be working 100% but it won't resize images that aren't attachments (2.0 RC4) running the Inferno theme
The size of posted pictures in [IMG] tags is governed by Admin >> Config >> Features & Options >> Layout

Max width of posted pictures (0 = disable)   >> 770 < My values
Max height of posted pictures (0 = disable)  >> 600 < My values

When posted they are restricted to this size and HS4SMF will expand them if they are larger.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

carajo

Excellent mod but I'm getting an undefined error though,  not affecting functionality but a lot of errors appears in the error log

8: Undefined variable: out
File: /hs4smf-Subs.php
Lines 172 & 173

This lines:

171// update the anchor link and tag with the fixed image
172    $image['a_tag'] = str_replace($image['a_link'], $out, $image['a_tag']);
173   $image['a_link'] = $out;
174    return $image;
175 }

Any ideas?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Spuds

Means its having a problem with one of the image sites links (imageshack, photobucket, etc).   Do you have a web page I could see where the error occurs.  I need to see which image site is being used and how the link is constructed.

carajo

can see it here, sorry for my English translated by google;)

http://www.solott.com/foros/index.php?action=forum

thanks for your time!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Spuds

Could you point me to a page topic that has images on it that are known to throw the error?  It should be in the error log as to which page view generated the error.

BTW .... Nice site ... I have a whole bunch of RC stuff myself ...

carajo

sorry, in this pages appears the error, and the images are uploaded to  postimage.org

http://www.solott.com/foros/index.php?topic=2426.0
http://www.solott.com/foros/index.php?topic=5111.0

If you ever want to do some racing with RC, you know where to find me;)

Thanks again for your help!

SMF 2.0 RC3

Chas Large

Hi Spudz,

You very kindly helped me with the issue I had with SMF Gallery lite integration and it's still working well... except, I've just found a small issue. If, in Gallery I select the "My Images" page, the HS magnifier does not appear. All other pages and albums show the magnifier works fine.

I'm happy to give you a logon to our forum via PM if you need it.

Thanks
Chas
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Spuds

@carajo -- have not had a chance to look yet but will !   And who knows maybe someday I'll take you up on that RC offer  :D

@Chas Large  --- please pm me an id so I can take a look ... I've seen this issue before with Aeva and its an incompatibility with the way highslide overlays the magnifier image and certain css constructs that create rounded corners on images.  Don't know if its the same problem or not but will take a look.

!RFAN

i just installed this mod .. enabled it.. but i cant see any changes.. i posted some new pictures but i cant see any change..

http://www.amigozone.com/atif-fan-club/share-all-pix-of-atif-aslam-!!!!!/new/#new

Edit: Sorry i got it working finally

but my website is taking too much time loading the page..??

it takes ages loading this js http://www.amigozone.com.nyud.net/Themes/default/hs4smf/highslide.js
what to do??

plus photos on this particular page are not working in highslide??

http://www.amigozone.com/fashion/new-sherwani-designs-for-men

waiting for reply :)

Spuds

Quotebut my website is taking too much time loading the page..??
Turn off the "Use Coral CDN as JS/CSS source " option in the highslide control panel ...

Unfortunately that sometimes helps or hurts .. in this case its greatly delaying the page load.  Due to the way highslide is licensed there is not a nice google code alternative fpr a CDN so I attempted to use Coral but its not all that great ATM.

I have not had a chance to look at the images yet.

carajo

QuoteExcellent mod but I'm getting an undefined error though,  not affecting functionality but a lot of errors appears in the error log

Lines 172 & 173

seems to have been solved by adding ,$out in line 136 of hs4smf-Subs.php

136     global $context, $out;

No errors in log, and mod working perfect!.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Spuds

Quote from: carajo on February 23, 2011, 02:52:46 PM
QuoteExcellent mod but I'm getting an undefined error though,  not affecting functionality but a lot of errors appears in the error log

Lines 172 & 173

seems to have been solved by adding ,$out in line 136 of hs4smf-Subs.php

136     global $context, $out;

No errors in log, and mod working perfect!.

Finally got some time to look at this one ...postimage.org requires some special processing which will not work on all hosts.

When its working correctly you should be able to click on a postimage.org thumbnail and have it expand in place, when its not working it should default back to opening a new window/tab to show the large image.  I actually found two bugs, one you were not experiencing, one you were.  I'll have those fixed in the next update.

Regarding your fix, instead of adding $out to the global line, you should just be able to add a line with $out = ''; after the current global line.

Eudemon

problems after upgraded to the newest version

in aeva media, whenever i click on an image
an extra control pad will pop up on top left corner
the numbers of extra control pad equal to the number of images i click
see attachment 11

images that used to be sliding now no longer slides
(some images do some images dont, even when they all hosted by the same image host)
see attachment 22

Spuds

What happens if you don't enable the Aeva option in the hs4smf mod panel?  If its still wrong with that option off please attach your Aeva-Subs.php file so I can take a look.

Eudemon

alright if i disable the aeva option the 1st problem gone
btw i use aeva 2.1 commercial ver

but the second problem is still there

Spuds

Quotealright if i disable the aeva option the 1st problem gone
btw i use aeva 2.1 commercial ver
Me to, so thats what I did testing on ... if you attach your Aeva-Subs.php file I can see if for some reason this mod did not get installed correctly, it makes a couple of edits to that file so Aeva and hs4smf play nice together.

Quotebut the second problem is still there
I went to your site and looked at a post with the image you attached and when I clicked on it highslided for me.  So if you are you still having the problem, if so could you post a link where I can take a look, maybe I looked at the wrong post.

Eudemon

QuoteI went to your site and looked at a post with the image you attached and when I clicked on it highslided for me.  So if you are you still having the problem, if so could you post a link where I can take a look, maybe I looked at the wrong post.
bcuz i switched back to 0.5e

QuoteMe to, so thats what I did testing on ... if you attach your Aeva-Subs.php file I can see if for some reason this mod did not get installed correctly, it makes a couple of edits to that file so Aeva and hs4smf play nice together.
here, with 0.5e installed
additional information: when i install 0.6 i didn't get any error

nvm i just uninstalled 0.5e and re-installed 0.6 so u can take a look
i reattached the sub file with 0.6 installed

also to my second question:
here is a link to a post with photobucket image that doesnt slide
http://kumakuni.com/index.php?topic=2545.0
here is a link that does
http://kumakuni.com/index.php?topic=2536.0

additional info: i just found out that all the non-sliding images are located in child boards

Spuds

Thanks ... I'll start to dig through this in the AM and get it fixed.

Advertisement: