News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SRAVC - Separate Replies And Views Column (Fully Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, May 02, 2010, 04:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

I would like to make a suggestion on these two mods, if I may.  It seems to me that the "Seperate Replies and Views Column" stuff should apply only to the topic listing in MessageIndex.template.php, not to the sub-board listing, as the sub-board listing doesn't have the Replies and Views columns....  IMO, it should be combined with the VBulletin Style Board Index mod....

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I was specific with the code and that includes the tabs count. There is only one of that in default template, Steve. ;D
Quote from: ahrasis on January 08, 2015, 02:59:54 AM
<br />

Quote from: dougiefresh on January 11, 2015, 04:12:20 PM
I would like to make a suggestion on these two mods, if I may.  It seems to me that the "Seperate Replies and Views Column" stuff should apply only to the topic listing in MessageIndex.template.php, not to the sub-board listing, as the sub-board listing doesn't have the Replies and Views columns....  IMO, it should be combined with the VBulletin Style Board Index mod....

VBBIS doesn't involve in separating replies and view column anymore and similarly SRAVC doesn't involve in separating posts and topics anymore. If both is needed, then both can be installed with no conflict.

*ahrasis would like to think like that - no conflict*

Steve

This is from my /home/steve/public_html/forums/Themes/default ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Ah, my bad  ::)  Reread the changelog and finally caught that one.  Whoops....

One suggestion/request: Please add an option so that we can get rid of the "replies" and "views" text from the columns.  By that, I mean instead of showing "0 replies", just show "0".  IMO, it would make it look a lot better.  It would also make me want to install it  :P

Steve

Quote from: dougiefresh on January 12, 2015, 01:03:53 PMOne suggestion/request: Please add an option so that we can get rid of the "replies" and "views" text from the columns.  By that, I mean instead of showing "0 replies", just show "0".  IMO, it would make it look a lot better.  It would also make me want to install it  :P

+1 ;D

Quote from: dougiefresh on January 12, 2015, 01:03:53 PM
Ah, my bad  ::)  Reread the changelog and finally caught that one.  Whoops....

One suggestion/request: Please add an option so that we can get rid of the "replies" and "views" text from the columns.  By that, I mean instead of showing "0 replies", just show "0".  IMO, it would make it look a lot better.  It would also make me want to install it  :P

You know that would be as easy as removing its $txt. And yes, I will do that in the next update.

Quote from: Steve on January 12, 2015, 08:02:47 AM
This is from my /home/steve/public_html/forums/Themes/default ...

The code is in there:

<td class="stats ', $color_class, '">
', $topic['replies'], ' ', $txt['replies'], '
<br />                                                       <-= This is the code you are looking for
', $topic['views'], ' ', $txt['views'], '
</td>

That line is changed so they become:

', $topic['replies'], ' ', $txt['replies'], '
</td>
', $topic['views'], ' ', $txt['views'], '
</td>

But I modified the file for you anyway. Attached.  ;)

Steve

Oh! I totally misunderstood what you were telling me. I got it now! Thank you for fixing that file which shows me what I have to do! ;D

ArkServer

im having similiar issues with this mod, it installs fine but when i enable the seperate colums i get this (default theme) , how do i fix this?

I haven't tested this mod for quite a while. However you should uninstall and try it on a freshly installed forum default theme. If it's working, then the problem lies on your theme rather than the mod.

freakmonger

Does this mod work with BlackRain V2? I'm trying to get the posts and topics in 2 separate columns but I'm not having any luck. This mod works perfect on the default theme, but I can't get it to work on BlackRain V2.

brynn

I would very much like to have the feature which this mod provides.  However, it doesn't seem to be working.  Screenshot attached of before and after (same thing sravc1.png).

In a recent reply in this thread, it was mentioned that the problem might be in a theme.  The theme in the screenshot is Aqua Style.

However, even the default SMF theme (Curve, I think) it doesn't work.  2nd screenshot (sravc2.png)

Also, I use Tiny Portal.  If you need to know other mods, I could list them all (around 40).

Thank you very much :)

brynn

Oops - my bad!  Looking at the wrong page.  The mod is working as expected when the board is opened.

Sorry for the noise  :-[

Advertisement: