News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How do I create user via script and create a session for them in SMF?

Started by Baka-sama, May 02, 2010, 06:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baka-sama

Hello. I have great interest in SMF2.0. Is there a tutorial following questions explained to me?

I have a private website with about 2000 members. I would like to add SMF2.0 to it.
I want only one login, thats of my site. SMF should not have login or register.

My question now is how do I create user (with a own script) in SMF's and how do I login automatically with this on my login page in the forum?

I hope someone understands me and can help. :)

CapadY

Maybe you can start here:

Online Manual

Or try to use the search option with "external", "login" and/ or "register" as search items
I am sure you'll find a lot of results.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Baka-sama

I starting with searching in forum, but nothing founded. So I write this topic.

Btw the search here have a bug. I had searched "register script" and get result with 3 pages, but page 2 and 3 show nothing and say ist page 1.

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Baka-sama

Thank you, but i think its not was I searching.
My site have its own framework with login, registrations and session managemant. Now i want install SMF2.0 and manage users not with its own SMF-login-form or its own SMF-register-form.

If the user register on my site, he get a entry in my user table, now I search for the correct way to add a user in database SMF-user-table.
In another project i use (still) phpbb2 as forum and realize this so:
INSERT INTO my_users..............
and add(register) automatical user in phpbb2 with my register form (in phpbb2 I must add 1 entry in 3 table for 1 new user)
INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id,use.......
INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_name, group_description,..........
INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (user_id, group_id,.........................

Now I search a solution for this case for SMF2.0 .. for register and log in. :)

Arantor

Well, there is the SMF API in the Downloads area, but it's for 1.1 only.

I did actually update it for 2.0, but apparently the rest of the team decided that the all-nighter I'd spent producing it was a waste of time because there's one in SVN for SMF (despite being fatally flawed)

You should be able to update the API without too much trouble, mostly it's just column names have been converted from camelCase to under_score style.

Advertisement: