News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

modify permission settings

Started by !RFAN, May 02, 2010, 07:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!RFAN

hey all... today i noticed a fault in settings of my forum... my " regular Members" group is unable to modify their posts... i have allowed to modify their own posts in permissions settings..

more information:

when i checked "modify post" for "any post" then the modify button is visible for regular members..

i can see modify button and can modify posts as a an admin...

i edited display.template.php today to remove text from buttons... all buttons are workin perfectly but "modify" button for "regular members" gp

i hope after this detailed information someone will come with solutionn of my problem :)

thanks

!RFAN

so nobody gonna give a solution??

CapadY

Don't bump within 24 hours

And now I'll gonna take some hours off.
Maybe tomorow.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

!RFAN

Quote from: capady on May 02, 2010, 05:56:48 PM
Don't bump within 24 hours

And now I'll gonna take some hours off.
Maybe tomorow.

okay now u please tell me when should i bump??? <_<

can any body help me?? :(

Arantor

So exactly what permissions have you given them and exactly what happens when they try and edit posts?

CapadY

Go as Admin to the profile of a regular member

Klick on "Profile Info" - "Show Permissions".

Here you can see what permissions this member have and from which permission profile it comes.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

!RFAN

@Aranator: i allowed members to modify there posts..but they cant see any "modify button" on their own posts.. but when i allowed them to modify "any" post the modify button was visible on all posts.. other groups can see the button but "regular members " cant...

@capady: i did.. the "modify own post" is checked but regular members can see any button for that on post..

thanx :)

Arantor

OK, so look at one of your members' profiles, look into Show Permissions. What permissions does it say they have? Screenshot would be handy.

!RFAN

ya i was thinking the same.. here are 3 screen shots.. in first i went to member's profile as an admin and checked the permissions... u can see post modification permission..
in 2nd i logged in as a member of "regular member group and went to my post to modify it.. but there was no button ..neither for edit inine..
in 3rd i went to admin panel and checked the permissions of regular member group...modify own posts is checked...

wats wrong..?? if u need ne file then i can provide as well

Advertisement: