News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Moderators assinged to a category?

Started by winky100, May 08, 2010, 10:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winky100

Can we create a category and assign a moderator to that category in such a way that moderator would have full permissions for all things that happened in that category but they could not do anything in anyo of the the other categories?

If this is possible in 2.0 but not in 1.1.xx then I would like to know.

Acans

No sorry.

I'm not sure if this can be done by a mod, however it is not a default feature in 1.1.x or 2.0.

Either only assigning the member to each board in the category or making them a global moderator giving moderation rights to all boards.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

winky100

Can you tell me which php source file I would look at if I was going to try to implement this feature on my own?

Acans

"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Advertisement: