GenericMenu Error after upgrade to RC3

Started by Kimmie, May 02, 2010, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

I upgraded to RC3 and am seeing this error in my log quite frequently.

8: Undefined index: label

File: /home/****/public_html/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (generic_menu_dropdown_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 172

Any ideas? I have attached the file here.

Thanks in advance :)

Kill Em All

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2054

Install that mod and then let us know what errors you get.

What mods do you have installed to?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Kimmie

I am also getting this error:

8: Undefined index: gmtags

File: /home/*****/public_html/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 669

5081 right now to be exact  lol. this one seems to happen when the main forum page is viewed

The mods I have installed are:

1.   New Style Message Icon   1.1   [ Uninstall ]
2.   Automatic Index 2.1   2.1   [ Uninstall ]
3.   Tagging System   2.2.1   [ Uninstall ]
4.   Thank-O-Matic   2.0 RC2   [ Uninstall ]
5.   Aeva Media   1.1b   [ Uninstall ]
6.   Bookmarks   2.3   [ Uninstall ]
7.   Welcome Topic Mod   2.1   [ Uninstall ]
8.   Tidy Child Boards   1.3   [ Uninstall ]
9.   New Topic Button   1.0   [ Uninstall ]
10.   Global Headers Footers   2.0   [ Uninstall ]
11.   Users Online Today   1.5.6   [ Uninstall ]
12.   Justify BBCode   2.3.1   [ Uninstall ]
13.   SimplePortal   2.3.2

I will download that disable eval one in jus a little while and let you know how it goes

EDIT: That disable eval mod has not yet been updated for RC3 which is what I am on. Will it work?

Edit again..lol The mod page says this:

"There will be no 2.0 RC3 version, because this feature is default feature in SMF 2.0 RC3.". So where do I find this feature?

Edit again.. I am getting all kinds of "gmtags" errors, not just in that one file. I have no clue what that term is referring to.

EDIT Again.hehehe. I think I have figured out the issue on the 2nd errors I posted, and working on a resolution. Wanted to update this post so that you all wouldt spend time working on it if you didnt have to. :)

GL700Wing

Hi Folks,

I've also started the process of upgrading my forum and am also getting this same error.

I've worked out how to reproduce the problem:
1.  Assign some Forum administration privileges to a member group (but don't include 'Administrate forum and database') and/or assign some Member administration privileges to a member group (but don't include 'Manage permissions').
2.  Assign the member group to a member and login as the member.  You will notice that the Admin tab is displayed.
3.  Hover over the Admin tab - this is the point at which the error message is generated and I believe it is because a sub-menu is not displayed.

I have confirmed that the error message is not generated if either the 'Administrate forum and database' or 'Manage permissions' privileges are assigned - both of these privileges result in a sub-menu being created for the Admin tab.

I've attached some screen images that I captured of the Admin tab with and without a sub-menu

Kathy
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Kill Em All

Kimmie, to disable the template eval.
Admin>Server Settings>Disable evaluation of templates>tick that>save

Edit: GL700Wing, I will test some of those out when I get the chance. Thanks for the tips.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Kill Em All

After doing some testing GL700Wing, there is no bug there.

If you are looking at it with the full admin menu, you will see Features and Optoins, Packages, error log and permissions.

If you tick everything in the administrate forum area except Administrate forum and database, the proper item appears... permissions. because thats the only one that the member can use that is normally on that drop down menu.

Thank you for your concern though, maybe it should be depending on permissions, they could get more items there of what they could control. But it is working how it is supposed to be for right now.

GL700Wing

Hi Kill Em All,

Many thanks for your reply.  I understand how and when the various options are for the Admin menu are displayed and I don't have any concerns or problems with this functionality.

The error messages  Kimmie and I are referring to can only be generated if a member group is assigned Forum administration privileges (but not 'Administrate forum and database') and/or it is assigned some Member administration privileges (but not 'Manage permissions').

In this instance there are no options displayed for the Admin button (which is correct) but when the member clicks on the Admin button an error occurs and an error message is placed in the Error Log.

I am confident that if you test the above configuration exactly as I have described it the error message Kimmie and I have described will appear in the Error Log.

Apart from the error messages being generated everything is working as it should.  Also, I also disabled template evaluation but this only stopped the eval part of the error message from being logged.

Kathy

Edit:  I've attached an image showing the administration options that must not be selected (circled in red) and also an image showing the error message (the eval portion has not been logged because I have disabled template evaluation)

Kill Em All

Alright, I will go in again later tonight and follow your directions right down to the punctuation and will let you know my findings. :)

Kill Em All

First, sorry for getting back to you on this late.

Second, I tried this to the exact detail you suggested and I can not recreate the issue on a brand new clean install of SMF 2.0 RC3.

Sorry

GL700Wing

Hi Kill Em All,

Thanks for your reply and the testing you've done.

I've tried to reproduce this problem using a clean install with the mods I had installed at the time I first encountered the problem but so far I haven't had any luck.  As both Kimmie and I both upgraded to RC3 (I upgraded from 1.1.11) I guess it's possible that it may be upgrade related - I'll keep testing with my clean install forum and let you know if I can reproduce the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Kathy

Kill Em All

It is possible that could be the problem with the upgrader.

Advertisement: