smf 2 rc3, custom log in prompt?

Started by Rufusmagamenmnon, May 02, 2010, 09:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufusmagamenmnon

I have disabled the 'allow guests to browse forum' setting, and I'd like to be able to modify the page that someone sees when they access the site - there's a warning message that only registered users are able to access the forum, and below that there's a sign in form.

I want to create my own custom warning message that unregistered users see, what do I need to edit?

many thanks 8)

Kill Em All

Admin>Languages>Edit Language Entries >Select login>go>find "only_members_can_access">edit that box below>save(at the bottom of that page)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Rufusmagamenmnon

Is that for my version? I got as far as:

Admin > Configuration > Languages > Edit Languages

And then there is a list with one item, English, which is selected as default with a radio button. I cannot find an edit language entries setting.

Kill Em All

It isn't a link. its towards the bottom of that page. Its just text, the on the right it has a drop down menu.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Rufusmagamenmnon

Kill Em All

No problem, sorry for not being more specific. :(

Let us know how it goes.

Rufusmagamenmnon

Actually there is one more thing - the login box below the warning message on the page is a little redundant, as there is a much nicer one in the header.

Is it possible to remove that login block completely?

Kill Em All

Sorry. I'm afraid I don't know what your talking about. Can you please take a screen shot?

Arantor

You pretty much can't.

1. If you remove it, where does the 'forgot your password' link go?

2. Also, you see the "login or register" bit at the top? Login is a link, which basically takes you to that page.

3. The same page is also used if you entered your password incorrectly.

Advertisement: