Forum slow, now won't load

Started by Laura22, May 07, 2010, 01:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura22

For awhile now, my forum has been going pretty slow and pretty much everyday i/members will run into an error.. not exactly sure what it says, it was something about the database though.

i received the error again about an hour ago and now it just won't load for me at all.
http://divas-unlimited.com/

Anyone have an idea as to why i keep experiencing problems? Think it's my host?

TheOne0522

when my site wouldnt load for 3 days it finally loaded one day and EVERYTHING WAS GONE. i would back up ur site in cpanel or with ur hoster, BECAUSE I MEAN I LOST ALL MY MEMBERS 200, AND 500topics

Laura22

oh great, well this has happened before, and it comes back fine, but i will just to be safe.
thanks!

TheOne0522

yea its good to be safe, also it happens to mine also, just let it reset or call ur hosting company, they can usually help

Laura22

well it was back for like 2mins
now i get the stupid Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. 

:(

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

If it is random, that means the host is having problems with MySQL, your best bet is to contact your host and they'll look into it.

Jakob Fel

Yeah, I have seen two of these issues in the last two days. What are the hosts using for servers nowadays?  :o
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

kat

Typical, innit?

Just went to the site and it's fair whippin' along!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I am pretty sure their MySQL is overloaded. Ask your host to fix it or change the host. :)

Jakob Fel

QuoteTypical, innit?

I have not seen many good hosts out there lately. I know that Byethost is a good one, because it has an online FTP client, it allows MySQL databases, and it allows sites written in PHP and HTML. Their reliability is pretty good. I only know this because my one friend uses it, and I may be transferring my old site to this host.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Advertisement: