News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Chat Function

Started by perfects, May 07, 2010, 10:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfects

Is is possible to add a chat function to my forum.  I would like to have a live chat with my members once a week.
Thanks ;)

CapadY

Ofcourse this is possible, just install a chat.

There are some of them which will integrate theirself by adding a chatbutton, some others you'll have to add the chatbutton youself.

Self I use often FlasChat from Tufat. A good chat but you have to add the button manualy. At one of my sites I have even made a button to open and close the chat by chatguides. When the chat is closed no chatbutton is vissible for the regular members and the direct URL don't work either.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

perfects

Thanks for the info :) I will ask someone to install this for me.  I like the idea that you could make it available when you want it to be.  I only want to use the chat once a week so this will work perfectly.

CapadY

I have a teen site and I don't like dirty old man playing with them. So the chat is only available when there is a chatguide :) Little peace of safety.

perfects

I'm so glad you have shared your experience and info.  I did look at FlasChat from Tufat and I will get someone to install it for me.  It look as if it will be better if I install it in my blog and not the forum.  Or will it work either way?

interzis

take a look at ajaxchat, too
I'm using it without problems. Also, a shoutbox is available.

CapadY

Quote from: perfects on May 07, 2010, 11:32:05 AM
I'm so glad you have shared your experience and info.  I did look at FlasChat from Tufat and I will get someone to install it for me.  It look as if it will be better if I install it in my blog and not the forum.  Or will it work either way?

When you install it in your forum you have also the login control via your forum. If somebody is loged in he can also go into the chat withouth loging in again.
By the way, after downloading thsi chat software it will take less then 5 minutes to install that chat. And maybe 5 minutes to add a button in the forum menu.

Advertisement: