News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

can i use a bmp for the banner?

Started by 1MileCrash, June 07, 2005, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1MileCrash

I know how to put my own banner up, but whenever i save the image as a gif, it dissorts the color a bit. Can i use a bmp as the banner? if you would go to my site and see the banner, it doesnt match perfectly. that bothers me lol. It should match perfectly, because i used printscreen to get a picture of the top of the page, then crop out the section i wanted to use as the banner..

can i use a bmp?
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

dtm.exe

Bitmap files will work fine.  Just be sure to edit the code to make the banner URL point to the bitmap files.

-Dan The Man

1MileCrash

Thankyou. That's all i needed to know.  :P

dtm.exe

Amacythe

a word of warning... using a .bmp file will greatly increase your bandwidth usage!

dtm.exe

Quote from: Amacythe on June 07, 2005, 12:53:18 AM
a word of warning... using a .bmp file will greatly increase your bandwidth usage!

That is true.  Come to think of it, why don't you host the image using www.imageshack.us and I will change it to a GIF?

-Dan The Man

1MileCrash

I have it as a gif right now. But everytime i save the image as a gif, it alters the color just a tad. But too much to match perfectly like it's supposed to. you can see what i mean if you go to my forums. <--not advertising :)

BMP increase bandwidth usage? Bye Bye bmp. How about jpeg....? Will all types work?

dtm.exe

Quote from: Tippmaster on June 07, 2005, 01:01:14 AM
I have it as a gif right now. But everytime i save the image as a gif, it alters the color just a tad. But too much to match perfectly like it's supposed to. you can see what i mean if you go to my forums. <--not advertising :)

BMP increase bandwidth usage? Bye Bye bmp. How about jpeg....? Will all types work?

No, I can change it to a GIF without the color changes.  Just host the image and give me a link please.

-Dan The Man

1MileCrash

sorry it took so long. I just cleaned out my pc and deleted it  :P. Had to remake it.

dtm.exe

Here's a clean GIF for you :).

-Dan The Man

1MileCrash

THANK YOU! It worked perfectly. Perfect match. Awesome!  :D

dtm.exe

Quote from: Tippmaster on June 07, 2005, 01:25:55 AM
THANK YOU! It worked perfectly. Perfect match. Awesome!  :D

No problem :).  Glad to hear it :).

-Dan The Man

Gary

There's probably a reason why it changes the colour. But if you're using Paint Shop Pro (7) then I'd reduce the colours down to 256, using Ctrl+Shift+3, then hit enter twice. Then it'll save as a gif perfectly.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Advertisement: