News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Admin sub-menues in the wrong place

Started by papaworx, May 09, 2010, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papaworx

Firstly, I fell victim to webinstall. I wanted a lazy upgrade to 1.1.11, but webinstall gave me 2.0RC3.0 instead.
It works largely. One beef is the fact that the dynamic submenues for Admin appear shiftet over to the right one whole category. There is no easy way to access the submenu items, since the submenu collapses whenever you move the mouse towards it. What I have to do instead, I enter the appropriate keyword in the url 'area='.
Is there a fix, or how can I go back most easily to 1.1.11?

Norv

Can you please tell what browser are you using?
A screenshot with the problem would also help. I'm not aware of such problem... Perhaps there's something specific to your installation and we can assist you in solving it.

Quick workaround to dropdown menu problems: You can in any case, choose the "<<" from the main Admin menu, to make the forum display the menu mostly on the left column instead of dropdown menus. (like it was in 1.1.x)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

papaworx

I am using IE8; screenshot attached.

papaworx

I have now also tried it with Chrome. Here the submenues are, where they are supposed to be and every thing works fine. But shouldn't it work with IE8 as well?
I can send you the source of the IE8 screen. But it probably won't help, since the style sheets are separate.

Norv

Any javascript/css errors on page, on IE8, by any chance?

You might find useful to try reuploading manually the files in a large upgrade package to SMF 2.0 RC3, using FTP, to be sure no files are missing in your current setup.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

papaworx

Hurray, the problem is solved. I took my website out of the compatibility mode for IE8 (where it needed to be in previous versions); I had forgotten about it. For me, the issue is closed. Thanks

Norv

Good to hear you got it solved!

We'll have to test on IE7, then, if I understand correctly, just to be sure.

Kays

I can't seem to replicate this on IE8 in compatibility mode.

That page does look messed up though. Is the ie7.css file in  the css folder for that theme. Have you tried refreshing using Crtl + F5

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

papaworx

No, both in the default directory, as well as the specific directory for my forum there is only one standard style.css file. No special style files for IE7, nor does the standard css have a special section for IE7. But, at least for me, it doesn't matter now.

Kays

For new themes in 2.0 all the style sheets are now in the css folder. These include style sheets to compensate for weirdnesses in some browsers This does not apply to older custom themes which have been converted.

If that is the default (Curve) theme in your image, I would suggest downloading the large upgrade package and re-uploading all of the files for that theme.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Norv

Moving to Support for 2.0, as it appears to be a support issue.

Advertisement: