Suggestion for the 'Hosts and Hosting' Board...

Started by Christian A. Herrnboeck, June 07, 2005, 11:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian A. Herrnboeck

Hi guys,

I've been with the smf community for a while now, and love it :D there is, however, one thing that 'gets my goat', so to speak. This being all of the 'kiddy hosts' who are allowed to post in that forum. I'm not going to name names, but there's hosting 'companies' advertising there who can't even spell Apache, others send their clients to paypal for signup... and still others don't even have a proper site up. I really think that this is giving SMF a bad wrap, after all, if a member from here goes to one of those hosts, who cons them out of subscription fees, do you think that he'll have a favorable impression of SMF's community? It's also bad for those of us, like Rochen, Charlottzweb, XrD, peterstennard(I hope I have your name right :P) who are running respectable, and high quality hosting businesses.

I know the Moderator team is quite busy, but I think that if they would  implement some sort of approval system for hosts which want to advertise here, it would make for a better experience for the users of SMF.

That's just my two cents, but hey  ;D

Sincerely,
Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

Ben_S

I'd delete the board if it were upto me, those who want promotion can pay for advertising space.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Christian A. Herrnboeck

Quote from: Ben_S on June 07, 2005, 01:17:42 PM
I'd delete the board if it were upto me, those who want promotion can pay for advertising space.
Ben,
I was thinking about recommending that.... but don't forget: members should have a place to discuss their hosting requirements and get reviews... or else, SMF's GC forum will turn into GD @ phpBB.com (woha... that's a lot of acronyms! :D)

-Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

Advertisement: