Hide forum Stats--changed in permissions, but still visible

Started by PenelopeQ, May 10, 2010, 12:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenelopeQ

I did a search and found out how to hide the statistics.

Admin--> Permissions--> General
Then select the user type to modify and there is a check box.

But when I logout and view as a guest or login with my general test-user account, I can still see the stats. Does it take time to refresh? I rechecked the settings that I changed and they look fine.

CapadY

Sometimes users are (unexpected) in more than one usergroup. In that case they'll have the permissions of both usergroups.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

PenelopeQ

But I removed the permissions from the groups--guests and regular members. There are not other groups and I checked it by logging out and viewing as a guest. A guest should not be in any other group.

Yağız...

Which stats are you speaking about? action=stats or the stats on the forum index?

PenelopeQ

I want to hide the stats at the bottom right corner.

I just looked at the permissions  again. The little question mark by the stat describes it as this:

QuoteThe forum statistics is a page summarizing all statistics of the forum, like member count, daily number of posts, and several top 10 statistics. Enabling this permission adds a link to the bottom of the board index ('[More Stats]').

Which seems to mean it will show the stats, but not additional stats.

So how do I hide the stats that are like a teaser at the bottom?

Yağız...

Admin > Current Theme > Show statistics on board index:

PenelopeQ

That worked, but is there anyway to hide the users stats too--users online now, most ever etc.?
I though all of that was part of the other stat data.

Yağız...

If you want to hide everything on the bottom, find this:
template_info_center();
And replace with:
// template_info_center();

Yağız...

Ooops sorry :) In ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

sharks

Quote from: Yağız... on May 11, 2010, 12:53:57 PM
If you want to hide everything on the bottom, find this:
template_info_center();
And replace with:
// template_info_center();

That was helpful, but would it be possible to replicate the more advanced features from this post (which relates only to SMF 1.1.x)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=402403.0

Would the same code be usable on SMF 2.0 RC3? I am looking for a way to implement the same behavior on SMF 2.0 RC3, that is, allow only certain membergroups to see the stats center completely, while other membergroups do not see the stats center at all.
Thanks for the help.

Advertisement: