Removing "Search" Tab

Started by PurpleCrow, May 12, 2010, 06:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCrow

I'm  using SMF 2.0 RC3 and I want to remove the "Search" tab as the theme that I'm using has a little search bar in the header area so there isnt a need for the seach tab.

Anyone know where I need to go to remove the tab and what code needs removing?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Yağız...

Find and remove from ./Sources/Subs.php:
'search' => array(
'title' => $txt['search'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=search',
'show' => $context['allow_search'],
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

PurpleCrow

Thanks! I'll do that at home - cant access FTP at the work, didnt expect a reply so quick LOL. I'll mark this solved once I've done it.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Acans

Just a quick note, just because you are removing the search tab, doesn't mean your members still cannot access the search feature by index.php?action=search

You also have the option of unchecking the permission Search for posts and topics permission under basic forum functionality. This will also remove the button as well as disabling your members to access using index.php?action=search however if you want to remove it as well so its not view able as a administrator you must also follow Yagiz instructions.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

PurpleCrow

I still want people to be able to search, I just dont want the search tab as the navbar is cluttered enough as it is LOL
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Yağız...

Then you can do the edit that I gave :)

PurpleCrow

That worked perfectly, thanks!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Advertisement: