News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimpleAds

Started by [SiNaN], May 14, 2010, 02:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

I have given some clues on how to use them just in the post above yours. What do you want to be explained exactly?
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

!RFAN

sorry i ddnt notice those clues ..

i'm more confused now.. what is the relation between add position and that custom field...
hey can u setup ads on my forum.. i can make an account for u with administrative permissions..??

[SiNaN]

Quote from: amigozone on May 17, 2010, 02:31:07 AM
i'm more confused now.. what is the relation between add position and that custom field...

Using that Custom Display field, you can define on which actions you want the ad to be displayed. Like you may have an ad setup for the Overall Header position. You want to display it on board index, help page and search page but no where else. So you'll use the display options. Most of the time Actions and Boards field will be enough. But if you want to define more complex conditions to display the ad, you can use the Custom Display field.

Quote from: amigozone on May 17, 2010, 02:31:07 AM
hey can u setup ads on my forum.. i can make an account for u with administrative permissions..??

Nope. I don't have time for that. That's something you need to do. I can just help when you can't figure out something with the mod. ;)

!RFAN

okay.. i filled the custom field with "all" without commas... but still i cant see any ads.. :S

[SiNaN]

Did you set the membergroups that can see the ad, correctly?

!RFAN

yess i did :(

u can still guide me...

[SiNaN]

How did you set them? Can you attach a screenshot of the ad settings that doesn't show up?

luismanson

whats A/X/D on membergroups? :|

Yağız...

Arantor

X = Disallow, like all other permissions.

A = a group has the permission
X = that group doesn't give the permission, but it doesn't block any other group giving it
D = deny, meaning it makes no difference what other groups grant this permission, the user doesn't have it.

Let's say a member is a Regular Member and Newbie post count group.

Let's say both groups have New topics = A. Means they can post a new topic.

Let's say, now that Regular Member has it as A but Newbie has it as X. The X doesn't block the A granting the permission. (which is the usual state of affairs)

Now let's say we make Newbie D for new topics. Now no matter what other groups they're a member of (except main admin group), they can't have that permission. X doesn't give it, D forces it to go away.

luismanson

wow, thats what i call control, thanks!!!
any chances to implement sudo? :P

Arantor

No chance for sudo, not even to make a sandwich :P

But really, that permission set is just what SMF offers normally with deny permissions enabled.

tectonny

Great mod, but I can not access when I click on the link to administer the MOD, go to the Ad Management. How to solve this? it seems that the action is the same Ad Management

Arantor

You wouldn't normally have them both installed at the same time since they both do the same thing.

tectonny

How can we choose the width that will show the DIV

tectonny

Ok, I copy my code Ad Management, and migrate to your MOD, but I tested on the local machine, and in my forum I have a sidebar that I use a table width of 140px but in its wider DBM is On behalf of the DIV, as I control them?

tectonny

Another suggestion ... See the ADS any way to not get so stuck in the forum.

Arantor

The underlying construction of this mod is to avoid template edits. Even taught me a couple of lessons on avoiding them.

tectonny

So no solution for lateral width of ADS?

Arantor

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Advertisement: