News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimpleAds

Started by [SiNaN], May 14, 2010, 02:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: [SiNaN] on October 19, 2014, 12:44:57 PM
I find it really interesting that people manage to break their forums while trying to install this mod. I understand that some of those are cases in which they try to install it on top of the other ad management mod but it's such an obvious mistake that you don't really need me to point that out for you, or do you?
Unfortunately it wasn't my case. It installed "successfully" with no errors on the default theme and broke everything, still clueless about the reasons for it...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

[SiNaN]

With that many mods installed, it's not very unlikely that there was a conflict with a badly coded mod. If you have any logs of the error that you had once you installed the mod, I'd be happy to investigate the matter.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Ninja ZX-10RR

Except at the time I did that I used to have WAY less mods installed than now... And there wasn't any other mod affecting ads, running default theme as well.
I know you are an excellent coder and I know a lot of stuff you did, that's why I was SO surprised when that happened. Anyway no I didn't have ANY error, that was my problem IIRC. The fact is that my forum was just blank, it was a lot of time and posts ago I can't really remember all the details :/ thanks for the willingness to help anyway, I appreciate it :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

br360

Do you remember if the "PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function template_ad_position: happened while adding something to the Custom Display: box?

I use this mod myself with no issue, but a while back I installed it on a test site (with maybe 2 or 3 other mods) and it was working fine- until I think I added something to the custom display box option.

Sorry I don't have more to go on, but it was a while ago- but the error did happen as soon as I typed something in the custom display box.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 19, 2014, 03:10:52 PM
Except at the time I did that I used to have WAY less mods installed than now... And there wasn't any other mod affecting ads, running default theme as well.
I know you are an excellent coder and I know a lot of stuff you did, that's why I was SO surprised when that happened. Anyway no I didn't have ANY error, that was my problem IIRC. The fact is that my forum was just blank, it was a lot of time and posts ago I can't really remember all the details :/ thanks for the willingness to help anyway, I appreciate it :)

It doesn't necessarily need to be a mod relating to ads. Just have a look at your index.php file; the fact that many mod authors aren't careful with how they make code changes should be clear even to untrained eyes. There should have been some kind of error logged. Maybe you just needed to make them visible.

Quote from: br360 on October 19, 2014, 03:24:50 PM
Do you remember if the "PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function template_ad_position: happened while adding something to the Custom Display: box?

I use this mod myself with no issue, but a while back I installed it on a test site (with maybe 2 or 3 other mods) and it was working fine- until I think I added something to the custom display box option.

Sorry I don't have more to go on, but it was a while ago- but the error did happen as soon as I typed something in the custom display box.

I'm unable to replicate the issue you described. One could technically manage to get that error using custom ad positions and I'm hoping to make that more fail-safe in the future. If you have further information on your case though, I'd be glad to investigate. That would help with preventing issues that other users may have with the mod in the future.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

platinummack

Hi I installed simple ads, created an ad but I don't see it positioned anywhere on my board?

Help please.

platinummack

So I installed and then uninstalled this and it leaves a fatal error on my main forum's index page

Fatal error: Call to undefined function template_ad_position() in /home/content/m/a/a/maaxseduction/html/viplounge/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 273

How do I rid of this, what "code" in what files is causing this?

Thanks

platinummack

Where can I get help with the Ad Management Mod please?

Kindred

In the support thread for that specific mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

platinummack

Once again, Kindred, Steps please, links.......we've been through this before. Thank you

Kindred

1- I post, much of the time from a phone... So posting links is a pain
2- every mod has a link to the support thread right on the page where you downloaded the mod.
3- why should everyone hand you everything on a silver platter? You learn more if you are told the correct information and then actually use that to follow up
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi team,

Need update for smf 2.1
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Kindred

since 2.1 is in beta 1 phase...   the author is probably not going to make a release for that....
Слaва
Украинi

0madem

Hi, how to add custom ad_position here?

Add an Apache Error Handler to SMF
Quote<?php
/**********************************************************************************
* ApacheError.template.php                                                        *
***********************************************************************************
*                                                                                 *
*  Template file for "Add an Apache Error Handler to SMF" modification.           *
*                                                                                 *
*  Copyright (c) 2008-2009 by Deprecated (at) Earthlink (dot) net.                *
*  All rights reserved. Redistribution prohibited except at SimpleMachines.org    *
**********************************************************************************/

function template_main()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings, $sourcedir;

echo '

<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" width="80%" class="tborder">
         <tr class="titlebg">
            <td>
               ', $context['apache_err_msg'],  '
            </td>
         </tr>
         <tr class="windowbg2">
            <td style="padding: 10px;">
               ', $context['apache_err_dsc'],  '
            </td>
         </tr>
         <tr class="windowbg2">
            <td class="smalltext" style="padding: 10px;">
               ', $txt['apache_err_rqst_url'], ' <a href="',  $context['request_url'],  '">', $context['request_url'], ' </a>

</td>
         </tr>
      </table>
';

}   

?>

hannekenj

Installed this mod and I got this error.  It shut the entire forum down.  What can I do to fix it?

Unable to load the 'adsheaders_above' template.

Kindred

It suggests that the mod did not fully install and that you probably had some errors during then installation that you ignored, despite the big red warning text...
Слaва
Украинi

hannekenj

It didn't say it had any errors during install.  How do I fix it.

cortez

Any ideas why it doesn't count adsense clicks in 2.0.9? Could be useful as feature to stop counting clicks after x clicks from same IP. Functionality which Click-fraud monitoring plugin for WordPress has, for example.

vbgamer45

Adsense clicks can't easily be counted unless you have some kind of javascript that intercepts right before the click on the adsense ad. With adsense you are clicking on google's url and not touching the logging for ad click function.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

cortez

Nevermind that, I have installed EzPortal and this mod doesn't show ads on forum board index (index.php?action=forum). It's similar thing with SimplePortal because it generates that same url. How to fix it to show it on forum index page too when using portals?

Advertisement: