SimpleAds

Started by [SiNaN], May 14, 2010, 02:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: br360 on July 29, 2014, 01:21:03 AM
What is still showing in the footer; a lingering ad, or a copyright of the mod? This mod doesn't have a copyright link that gets placed on the forum; and after reading your posts on the other ad mod you installed, is it possible it isn't working because you may have lingering code from one or both of the mods; and they are working against each other?

i did not proceed with installation of the other mod because i saw error in package manager

after uninstalling simple ads my forum footer is still showing

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

br360

That copyright is not from this mod. It's from this one- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.0

So it looks like you may actually have installed at least some of that mod's files.

babalola olasehinde

i have decided to use smf_2-0-8_upgrade.tar.gz and all mod was uninstall .i.e i now have a fresh file

i just install this same mod now , installation was succesfull yet ads not showing

see screenshot below of how i configure it

naijacrux

dear members,i was able to get this mod to work but my problem is this mod is changing the url of the adcode, example, if the url to redirect to is www dot naijacrux dot com ,the url is changed to naijacrux///www dot naijacrux dot com ,this makes the url to show error when someone click on it.how [nofollow] can i correct this

Jack_Elixir

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function template_ad_position() in /home/public_html/Themes/default/index.template.php on line 323

Quote// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
   elseif (!empty($context['show_login_bar']))
   {
      echo '
            <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/sha1.js"></script>
            <form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" ', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
               <div class="info">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '</div>
               <input type="text" name="user" size="10" class="input_text" />
               <input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" class="input_password" />
               <select name="cookielength">
                  <option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
                  <option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
                  <option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
                  <option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
                  <option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
               </select>
               <input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /><br />
               <div class="info">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>';
      if (!empty($modSettings['enableOpenID']))
         echo '
               <br /><input type="text" name="openid_identifier" id="openid_url" size="25" class="input_text openid_login" />';
      echo '
               <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
            </form>';
   }
echo '<br class="clear" />';
echo '';
   template_ad_position('above_info_guest_center');

echo '
         </div>
         <div class="news normaltext">
            <form id="search_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
               <input type="text" name="search" value="" class="input_text" />&nbsp;
               ';

// Search Focus Dropdown
      include_once($settings['default_theme_dir'] . '/SearchFocus.template.php');

echo '
               ';

I have add template in index.template.php of default theme, ads working ok, but in error_log too many error coming and file of error_log getting bigger and bigger

Please guide

default theme

swaggaderby

Please someone cum to my ad i tried installing this mod and i got this error...how can i get it out?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: swaggaderby on October 17, 2014, 02:48:33 PM
Please someone cum to my ad i tried installing this mod and i got this error...how can i get it out?
You didn't post any error LOL
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

this error and am so scared because i didnt make a backup

Ninja ZX-10RR

First --> http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup there is this if anything else doesn't work ;) so don't panic.

And then please post a decent screenshot of the error, if you want partly censor the path but the way you just did is completely useless. There isn't even the line nor the actual file, how can anybody possibly help you without even knowing what's going on? You didn't even provide an URL to the forum...
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 17, 2014, 06:13:58 PM
First --> http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup there is this if anything else doesn't work ;) so don't panic.

And then please post a decent screenshot of the error, if you want partly censor the path but the way you just did is completely useless. There isn't even the line nor the actual file, how can anybody possibly help you without even knowing what's going on? You didn't even provide an URL to the forum...
Alright thats better link to forum www.derbjobs.com

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on May 31, 2014, 04:35:18 PM
This damn thing broke my whole forum and I will have to struggle like hell to get it back! Screw it!

EDIT: restoring from backup worked but had to install SimpleDesk again and edit it back, any other user back up EVERYTHING before installing this.
The thing you posted is basically the reason why I said this in the previous page :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 17, 2014, 07:14:12 PM
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on May 31, 2014, 04:35:18 PM
This damn thing broke my whole forum and I will have to struggle like hell to get it back! Screw it!

EDIT: restoring from backup worked but had to install SimpleDesk again and edit it back, any other user back up EVERYTHING before installing this.
The thing you posted is basically the reason why I said this in the previous page :(
Alright just seeing that so right now,what happens to be the way forward right now because i need to fix it?is there away out?

Ninja ZX-10RR

I have 116 mods installed on my forum, when I installed this one it was the only time I had to restore my forum from the backup... Maybe somebody will be able to assist you better but that's what I did... :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 18, 2014, 03:02:01 AM
I have 116 mods installed on my forum, when I installed this one it was the only time I had to restore my forum from the backup... Maybe somebody will be able to assist you better but that's what I did... :(
Thanks Alot for your effort to help i finally did it...

Ninja ZX-10RR

You're welcome even if I feel I didn't do anything special this time... Anyway did you restore the forum from the backup or did you manage to debug the error? If so, how? :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 18, 2014, 08:20:36 AM
You're welcome even if I feel I didn't do anything special this time... Anyway did you restore the forum from the backup or did you manage to debug the error? If so, how? :)
Restored the forum from the backup....and now i have just created a test forum so i dont get so scared when something happens...so i get to test it before trying it on the main forum

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: swaggaderby on October 18, 2014, 08:53:33 AM
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 18, 2014, 08:20:36 AM
Restored the forum from the backup....and now i have just created a test forum so i dont get so scared when something happens...so i get to test it before trying it on the main forum
Awesome idea. I have done the same a long while ago ;) I also suggest you to disable the registration there so that you don't get any spambot spoiling your tests and work (and also waste bandwidth). Glad that you sorted it, even if it was the most annoying way :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Jack_Elixir

Quote from: Jack_Elixir on October 12, 2014, 04:33:35 AM
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function template_ad_position() in /home/public_html/Themes/default/index.template.php on line 323

Quote// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
   elseif (!empty($context['show_login_bar']))
   {
      echo '
            <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/sha1.js"></script>
            <form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" ', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
               <div class="info">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '</div>
               <input type="text" name="user" size="10" class="input_text" />
               <input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" class="input_password" />
               <select name="cookielength">
                  <option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
                  <option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
                  <option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
                  <option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
                  <option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
               </select>
               <input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /><br />
               <div class="info">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>';
      if (!empty($modSettings['enableOpenID']))
         echo '
               <br /><input type="text" name="openid_identifier" id="openid_url" size="25" class="input_text openid_login" />';
      echo '
               <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
            </form>';
   }
echo '<br class="clear" />';
echo '';
   template_ad_position('above_info_guest_center');

echo '
         </div>
         <div class="news normaltext">
            <form id="search_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
               <input type="text" name="search" value="" class="input_text" />&nbsp;
               ';

// Search Focus Dropdown
      include_once($settings['default_theme_dir'] . '/SearchFocus.template.php');

echo '
               ';

I have add template in index.template.php of default theme, ads working ok, but in error_log too many error coming and file of error_log getting bigger and bigger

Please guide

default theme

bump

Kindred

And, once again, since you (realinfo.tv) have removed your smf copyright... And the copyright of several mods, we will not be providing support to you....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

[SiNaN]

I find it really interesting that people manage to break their forums while trying to install this mod. I understand that some of those are cases in which they try to install it on top of the other ad management mod but it's such an obvious mistake that you don't really need me to point that out for you, or do you?
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Advertisement: