News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimpleAds

Started by [SiNaN], May 14, 2010, 02:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogmodon

Hello,
  I am using the mod simpleadds although when I chose to have the add placed on the right side of the screen it is not fitting properly. The add is a 200x300 banner and when it is placed the placement has a lot of blank space on the right side of it to the end of the screen.
  I am willing to use another add plugin although need something super easy to use and that has the ability to have the add auto expire in x amount of time.

br360

It could possibly be the code of the banner. Are you sure that the width of the banner code is actually set to 200px? Have you tried using <center> tags so you can have the banner placed in the center?

Ogmodon

Quote from: br360 on February 19, 2015, 06:58:44 PM
It could possibly be the code of the banner. Are you sure that the width of the banner code is actually set to 200px? Have you tried using <center> tags so you can have the banner placed in the center?

Yes positive it is 200px, had used it as an add on another site and worked great. Sadly the site is gone so cant ask what they used :(. Haven't tried the center tag will try and figure how to do that although if it is centered it would then have a large cap on either side unfortunately.

br360

Have you tried testing it with other banners to see if the space exists with those as well?

briggz5d

Hi Guys,
Simpleads works perfectly on my site but there are some adjustments i'd like to make, any help would be appreciated.
Not sure if this has been asked/answered but here goes.

I observed that when Ads are placed "After First Post" they only appear on posts that have replies.
After last post position would help but then i do not wish same content to be duplicated after first post and after last post.

E.g Social Media buttons need to be directly below First post, If no reply to the topic, they don't show.

What do i have to do (copy/paste)

user_66

Hi, I installed SimpleAds and than I get message "Unable to load the 'adsheaders_above' template."

What I have to do?

usa4all

Hi,

Try to install through the package center, but I get this error (see screendump) on ./Themes/default/Display.template.php.. 

Any help on this one?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

usa4all

Quote from: Kindred on April 27, 2015, 04:05:17 PM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Tx, I know that.

But when I change the code manually (see code below) I get a Php error message..(using dreamweaver)

Quote$message['id'] == $context['first_message'] ? template_ad_position('inside_first_post') : '', $message['body'], '</div>

Kindred

(editted, first half of the comment was a silly mistake on my part)

Also, don't use dreamweaver. I know it's gotten better over the years, but a pure text editor (like ConText or Notepad++) is your bets bet for editing php and other web files other than plain html
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Are you finding-

$message['body'], '</div>

and replacing that with-

$message['id'] == $context['first_message'] ? template_ad_position('inside_first_post') : '', $message['body'], '</div>

In your display.template.php, do you have any other mod that possible edited any part of $message['body'], '</div> ?

usa4all

I only finding this:
Quote', $message['body'], '';

So I don't know exactly where to place this

Quote$message['id'] == $context['first_message'] ? template_ad_position('inside_first_post') : '', $message['body'], '</div>

Between the tags?

usa4all

And discard the syntaxerror? (What's in dreamweaver) ...

usa4all

Quote from: usa4all on April 27, 2015, 05:14:10 PM
And discard the syntaxerror? (What's in dreamweaver) ...

Seems like it worked ;-)

br360

Good. Not sure why that first part of your display.template was modified, but glad it worked. Try playing with the mod and make sure that you can get ads you want placed and looking right. I was going to suggest this-

$message['body'], '';

Replace that with-

$message['id'] == $context['first_message'] ? template_ad_position('inside_first_post') : '', $message['body'], '';

But as long as you got it working and without errors in your logs, you should be ok.

usa4all

Hmm.

Cheered to early..

When I try to read a post this message appear

Quotesyntax error, unexpected 'id' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';'

Even when I try the last suggestion..

Shambles

Attach your template php file to your next post and we can have a look at it.

Kindred

Quote from: br360 on April 27, 2015, 05:25:57 PM

$message['body'], '';

Replace that with-

$message['id'] == $context['first_message'] ? template_ad_position('inside_first_post') : '', $message['body'], '';

Слaва
Украинi

usa4all

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2015, 02:44:00 PM
Quote from: br360 on April 27, 2015, 05:25:57 PM

$message['body'], '';

Replace that with-

Tried that also..  Same error.. 

usa4all

Php file Attachted..  (line 490)

tx..

Advertisement: