News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimpleAds

Started by [SiNaN], May 14, 2010, 02:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

I can't see that string you were asked to insert...

usa4all

With modifaction..

add code :

Quote$message['id'] == $context['first_message'] ? template_ad_position('inside_first_post') : '', $message['body'], '';

Seems like
Quote',
Was missed.   Get no error now.   

Tx

Ogmodon

Quote from: br360 on February 20, 2015, 12:22:59 AM
Have you tried testing it with other banners to see if the space exists with those as well?

Hello,
  Yes I have tried other banners and they also have a large blank area unfortunately. Here is a link to the site can see the banner. Sadly had it crash due to user error on installing a mod and then became ill so not a lot their. Would love to get the simple add feature down so I can start again.

http://healthysup.com/forums/index.php

Ogmodon

Just putting this back up, and a thank you to the folks here for the help and the authors for the plug ins.

tranhiep_116

thanks. this mod help me to much

Ogmodon

Quote from: tranhiep_116 on May 05, 2015, 09:01:14 PM
thanks. this mod help me to much

It is a great mod, love the expiration feature on it. Just wish I could get the size issue resolved.

Ogmodon

And back up to the top, hoping some one can help.

Ogmodon

Any one able to help?

Ogmodon

Ogmodon

br360

Quote from: Ogmodon on May 03, 2015, 12:36:20 PM
Have you tried testing it with other banners to see if the space exists with those as well?

Hello,
  Yes I have tried other banners and they also have a large blank area unfortunately. Here is a link to the site can see the banner. Sadly had it crash due to user error on installing a mod and then became ill so not a lot their. Would love to get the simple add feature down so I can start again.

I didn't notice the link you posted to your site at first. I'm guessing you are talking about the gap to the right of the banner? What happens when you try adding a banner at 225px width instead of 200?

babalola olasehinde

i just installed this using 2.0 and it was successful without any red error but while trying to open the admin panel = SimpleAds = Advertisements it just open a blank page

Ogmodon

Quote from: br360 on May 24, 2015, 06:05:18 PM
Quote from: Ogmodon on May 03, 2015, 12:36:20 PM

Hello,

I didn't notice the link you posted to your site at first. I'm guessing you are talking about the gap to the right of the banner? What happens when you try adding a banner at 225px width instead of 200?

Hello,
  I will try the larger size the main draw back to it is that the size I currently have is the size that is being used already by every one, so this would mean they would need to create a banner for this site specifically and not just be able to send their normal banner over.

Ogmodon

Unfortunately no luck, making the banner larger still had to much empty space. Not sure how other sites have got theirs to work..

br360

Quote from: Ogmodon on June 06, 2015, 10:50:25 PM
Unfortunately no luck, making the banner larger still had to much empty space. Not sure how other sites have got theirs to work..

Good question. I have installed this mod on quite a few sites and haven't had the issue.

Is this happening on a custom theme or are you using the default one? What is the width of your forum set at? Can you try changing the width in your admin>>Current theme to 95% and see if that makes a difference?

Also, would you mind posting the code to the banner you tried to place on your forum? You can pm me with the code if you would prefer- I just want to add it to a test site to see if there are any issues with the banner code itself.

Ogmodon

Hello,
  I changed the theme up to %95 and it did not help, it was at %90. I have left it at %95

It is running the default SMF Default Theme - Curve

I am having this issue on a couple sites using different hosting companies.

Ogmodon

A huge shout out to br360, they took the time to look at some files and were able to get the issue resolved. This is much appreciated! It is great to finally have a solution to the issue. I will let br360 post the fix so all the credit goes to them. Thank you again for being so willing to help!

Topman

Just installed this and it broke my forum!
It says now
"Unable to load the 'adsheaders_above' template."

Where is the file I need to delete to uninstall this MOD?

NB I also have adMod 3.2 installed

Topman

I just deleted the ads.Template.php file in Themes/Default and replaced it with the ads.template. from my desktop copy of  ad_mod.3.2
I have now uninstalled this SimpleAds Mod

I seem to have lost the admin avatar but everything else looks OK.
Not sure if damage is done though.

amadeucallow

I'm trying to install but it do now appear in forum

Advertisement: