Upgrade form SMF 1.11 to SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by Mobeen Janjua (MJ), May 16, 2010, 08:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

I have recently installed SMF Forum in my website...before it was some previous version i think 1.0.8 I have upgrade it to SMF 2.0 RC3.. everything gone very fine... I tried to register one user then I found that  "Accept Button" is not appearing under Agreement...

See image

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Welcome to SMF!

You are missing language strings. Download a fresh copy from the download area of SMF 2.0 RC3 and replace all the language files under Themes/default/languages

If you are using UTF8, then find the UTF8 package from the download area.

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

OK..

I will try once again....

How can I add google ads in my forum... ?

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

how to create main index page...

for example my forum is installed in "root\forum" and I don't have index.php or index.HTML page in root folder...

Is there any way to create index.HTML page in root and in this page there will be a link to my forum

aishaweb

Quote from: Mobeen Janjua (MJ) on May 18, 2010, 04:58:34 AM
how to create main index page...

for example my forum is installed in "root\forum" and I don't have index.php or index.HTML page in root folder...

Is there any way to create index.HTML page in root and in this page there will be a link to my forum

Why?

I would put my forum in the root, or redirect from www.website.com to www.website.com/forum

You could make a very simple html file called "index.html" and put in the root if you want.

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

Can I add personal Foot Note without removing sfm footer.. I mean copyright 2010 mywebsite.com 

Allusion

Quote from: Mobeen Janjua (MJ) on May 19, 2010, 02:00:32 AM
Can I add personal Foot Note without removing sfm footer.. I mean copyright 2010 mywebsite.com

You can either edit the theme or use a mod to add your own copyright (without removing the SMF copyright, of course).

Go to the SMF Mod Site, search for copyright and you should see two results. One of them should do the job.

If you use a custom theme, you need to edit the theme manually, but it should be easy.

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

There are some fiels i.e., abcd.php~... what is this..? can I delete these files from forum folder... ?

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

When I attached some file some time I got follwoing error message:

An Error Has Occurred!

Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

kat

Logic says to check the settings in Admin>attachments.

Also, check that you have enough room on the server.

It might just be full.

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

I have already checked Admin >> Attachments Setting..

Its look like following:

Max attachment folder space                    102400 KB
(0 for no limit)

Max attachment size per post                   5120 KB
(0 for no limit)

Max size per attachment                           2560 KB
(0 for no limit)

Max number of attachments per post         5
(0 for no limit) 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kat

The attachment folder's not that size, then?

Those file sizes aren't terribly huge. But, they should cover most images.

Is there space on the server?

You can check by going to your CPanel and looking under Files>Disk space usage.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Just a note, please try to put separate issues into separate topics as while users search, they'll be able to get relevant information under the particular topic instead of a jumble of various problems under one. :) It is also hard for us to go through what you have done previously and find a link if any.

Advertisement: