News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Theme Chager for SMF2 RC3

Started by !RFAN, May 18, 2010, 08:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yağız...

Sorry forgot to add it :)
Find in ./Themes/core/index.template.php:
echo '
</div>
</div>';

Replace with:
echo '
</div>
<div class="floatright">
<select id="simple_theme_changer" onchange="switch_theme();">
<optgroup label="', $txt['simple_theme_changer_name'], '">';

foreach ($context['themes'] as $id => $theme)
echo '
<option value="', $id, '"', (($settings['theme_id'] == $id) ? ' selected="selected"' : ''), '>', $theme, '</option>';

echo '
</optgroup>
</select>
</div>
</div>';

!RFAN

no, i still cant see any theme changer :(

Yağız...

Can you post a link to your site please?

Yağız...

It's there :P At the bottom of the forum.

!RFAN

oh yess... i can see..

but its not working... whenever i change a them it shows..."page not found"

Arantor

It's not designed to work with Pretty URLs.

!RFAN

hmmmm... okay thank you so much :)

can u tell me one thing?? can pretty urls really benefit me??? and when i submitted a sitemap to google it says the links in sitemap does not match.. how can i resolve it??

Arantor

Technically that's two things, not one :P

Simple resolution is to uninstall Pretty URLs - will fix both issues.

Pretty URLs doesn't really have that much SEO benefit, if any. All it *might* (and it is MIGHT, not even "maybe") do is get you a few extra people clicking through from Google.

Then again I'm not even sure a sitemap is that useful on a forum.

!RFAN

okay.. what can give me more SEO benefit

actually last time i was running wordpress blog and i submitted a sitemap.. i noticed rapid improvement in in seo.. i was able to see my site one first page... but after that i left wordpress and working with SMF only.. but  now i cant see any SEO working...i can see old wordpress links, keywords in google webmaster tools and analytics... wat should i do for SEO..

Arantor

It's a bit different on a blog, where you only have one author and one stream of pages that can be optimised for search engines. User generated content is a LOT different.

I'm still not sure why people are trying to optimise forums for SEO when the *content* is the key anyway, and it's kind of hard to optimise content you don't create yourself!

!RFAN

hmmm.. okay i understood.. i can see logic..
one more thing please :)
can portal articles do that... i mean if i am using tinyportal??

edit:: and what about robots.txt... can u guide me here please http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=382259.0

Arantor

You can add articles in TP, but if you have any questions, ask on tinyportal.net

Someone else can help on the other issue, I don't really have time to answer endless questions, just here while on a break from working on SimpleDesk.

!RFAN

Advertisement: