No XML search for Mod and Theme Sites?

Started by Yağız..., May 19, 2010, 03:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Um, not sure I understand what the problem is?

live627

Each link is a standard SMF search link. Community is valid XML, but not Mod or Theme

Arantor

Two things - firstly, & in the URL upsets SMF and secondly, throwing a call to action=search2 without any parameters, it's going to baulk.

Yağız...

Quote from: Arantor on May 19, 2010, 05:00:10 PM
Two things - firstly, & in the URL upsets SMF and secondly, throwing a call to action=search2 without any parameters, it's going to baulk.
Sources/Admin.php line 984.
$search_results = fetch_web_data($context['doc_scripturl'] . '?action=search2&xml', $postVars);

That's why I did like that :) And if you go to the URLs that I gave, you'll see that Community and Docs have an XML search, while Mod and Theme Sites does not.

Arantor

Then it's a bug cuz I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that...

I am curious as to the necessity of searching the mod and theme sites from the ACP though... doubly so as undoubtedly the structure will change when Dime finishes the overhaul of the Cust sites.

Yağız...

Hmm, ok then my ideas gotta wait a little :P

SlammedDime

$search_results = fetch_web_data($context['doc_scripturl'] . '?action=search2&xml', $postVars);

It's posting to search2, which is how it should be...

Mod and theme site currently do not have this functionality.  There will be plenty of XML functionality in the new site.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Yağız...

Quote from: SlammedDime on May 22, 2010, 09:30:13 PM

It's posting to search2, which is how it should be...
That's not what Arantor was pointing to. It was the "&" between search2 and xml. Shouldn't it be ";"?

Quote from: SlammedDime on May 22, 2010, 09:30:13 PM
Mod and theme site currently do not have this functionality.  There will be plenty of XML functionality in the new site.
Ok, thanks again :)

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Yağız...

Yeah I know, but SMF never uses "&" in URLs, shouldn't it be changed to ";"?

Advertisement: