News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Moving Threads to a NEW forum???

Started by Rasyr, May 21, 2010, 12:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasyr

Okay, what I need to do is to move all of the threads from a SINGLE forum/subforum (not all threads) to a new set of SMF messageboards on a completely different server

Is there any way for me to do this?

Hell, if you could even give me PHP myAdmin instructions, that would help (yes, I have full access to both DBs and both servers (via the cpanel).

If at all possible, I need to copy those threads to the forum on the new server. Any help in figuring out how to do this would be appreciated!!

Note: I have SMF2 on both servers...

CapadY

This isn't that simple.

Not only threads have to be copied, also author-id have to be changed, board-id have to be changed, topicstarter have to be changed, and I think a lot more. And alle these changes on such a way valid values are used.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Rasyr

Yeah, I was afraid of that.. heheh  :D

live627

Why don't you want to go the easier way and copy everything?

Rasyr

Quote from: live627 on May 21, 2010, 02:22:07 PM
Why don't you want to go the easier way and copy everything?

Basically, I was using a hidden sub-forum for a specific project (i.e. personal), and it was decided that I should move it (just that one sub-forum) to a new location (i.e. my own account on the host). I had it on the first set of forums for convenience only.

Same version of SMF on both sets of forums, but the new location is much more private.

flapjack

move whole forum to the new place and then delete everything apart from your desired board

Allusion

You will also have to decide how to deal with missing member information, attachments, topic links in posts and so on.

Rasyr

and I am giving up on the idea.. heheh

Instead will just copy what I need across one by one using the admin html tag, and the html from the "print page" (slightly edited)

Advertisement: